cursor problem

I have a compaq laptop with a touchpad. My problem is that, whenever the cursor
is over something clickable for a couple of seconds, it automatically clicks
it. This causes numerous headaches.
Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about cursor problem

    On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 09:59:03 -0800, pons wrote:

    > I have a compaq laptop with a touchpad. My problem is that, whenever the cursor
    > is over something clickable for a couple of seconds, it automatically clicks
    > it. This causes numerous headaches.
    > Any suggestions?

    When using "single click" in Folder Options, pointing to an object selects
    it. Change this setting on the General page to "double click" if you prefer
    to click an item to select.

    If still no luck, check for similar options in the touchpad software and
    adjust the settings.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Cursor Laptops Microsoft Compaq Windows XP