I have a compaq laptop with a touchpad. My problem is that, whenever the cursor
is over something clickable for a couple of seconds, it automatically clicks
it. This causes numerous headaches.
Any suggestions?

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 09:59:03 -0800, pons wrote:

> I have a compaq laptop with a touchpad. My problem is that, whenever the cursor
> is over something clickable for a couple of seconds, it automatically clicks
> it. This causes numerous headaches.
> Any suggestions?

When using "single click" in Folder Options, pointing to an object selects
it. Change this setting on the General page to "double click" if you prefer
to click an item to select.

If still no luck, check for similar options in the touchpad software and
adjust the settings.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User