Delay XP SP2 after April 12th?

We have implemented the reg script that keeps machines from downloading or
installing XP SP2 until after April 12th from
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2aumng.mspx.
Does anyone know of a way to extend this date to further out in the year?
We have mission critical Java browser-based apps that break under SP2 and
the vendor will fix them for a significant price. Any way to change the
"DoNotAllowXPSP2" to a different date?
3 answers Last reply
More about delay april 12th

    "cireton" <iretonc@si.edu> wrote:

    >We have implemented the reg script that keeps machines from downloading or
    >installing XP SP2 until after April 12th from
    >http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2aumng.mspx.
    >Does anyone know of a way to extend this date to further out in the year?
    >We have mission critical Java browser-based apps that break under SP2 and
    >the vendor will fix them for a significant price. Any way to change the
    >"DoNotAllowXPSP2" to a different date?

    Sun has released some updates to Java within the past week or so. Do
    your apps still break under SP2 with the updated Java?

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron - I downloaded the latest Java on Tuesday 1/4 to see if there were any
    updates that would help. The problem is that the program can return
    thousands of records from a database query and it uses a Java applet to
    scroll the pages. After XP SP2 we cannot scroll anymore and just get "error
    on page" in the bottom status bar. There's something about SP2 and Java
    that doesn't play well together.

    > "cireton" <iretonc@si.edu> wrote:
    >
    >>We have implemented the reg script that keeps machines from downloading or
    >>installing XP SP2 until after April 12th from
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2aumng.mspx.
    >>Does anyone know of a way to extend this date to further out in the year?
    >>We have mission critical Java browser-based apps that break under SP2 and
    >>the vendor will fix them for a significant price. Any way to change the
    >>"DoNotAllowXPSP2" to a different date?
    >>

    > Sun has released some updates to Java within the past week or so. Do
    > your apps still break under SP2 with the updated Java?
    >

    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP
    > On-Line Help Computer Service
    > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    "cireton" <iretonc@si.edu> wrote:

    >Ron - I downloaded the latest Java on Tuesday 1/4 to see if there were any
    >updates that would help. The problem is that the program can return
    >thousands of records from a database query and it uses a Java applet to
    >scroll the pages. After XP SP2 we cannot scroll anymore and just get "error
    >on page" in the bottom status bar. There's something about SP2 and Java
    >that doesn't play well together.

    I am not a Java programmer so I can't help you much further with this
    issue. It is not one that I have encountered before.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP