Where's that damn brown truck already?

mars_THoC

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Bored, bored, bored. Need something to tinker with.......

Nothing like waiting on parts. Just thought Id share it.

Talon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Here's something to make your wait a little more exciting:

The last couple items that I risked shipping on the "brown truck" arrived looking as if they had been used as the soccer ball in Shaolin Soccer. If you haven't seen the movie, its a good rental, good humor.

Either way my packages were beat all to hell. Thank goodness nothing was damaged but it sure makes me expect something to go wrong any day with my nice $250 mp3 player and recent car cd player purchases.

So there you go. A good movie to watch or increased pulse rate at the thought of your goods arriving in near-liquid form from the beating of its life. Your choice. Good day ! :)

sailer

Splendid
Bored, bored, bored. Need something to tinker with.......

Nothing like waiting on parts. Just thought Id share it.

Maybe I'm lucky, or just very close to the store, but the last two shipments I've gotten from Newegg actually came the same day that I was notified of the shipment. The boxes were fine, nothing missing or damaged.

Now I have a different problem. After getting my new cpu and trying a higher overclock, the ram failed. I hadn't even touched it. Corsair is being slow. First they said there was a problem and they'd send an RMA number and instructions. Then in the second letter they decided I should run some more tests, which the ram failed. Their third letter wanted even more tests and try it in another computer. More failures. Now I wait for the forth letter.

Glad I have a spare computer to use. I don't have a problem with the truck. As for Corsair......

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Now I have a different problem. After getting my new cpu and trying a higher overclock, the ram failed. I hadn't even touched it. Corsair is being slow. First they said there was a problem and they'd send an RMA number and instructions. Then in the second letter they decided I should run some more tests, which the ram failed. Their third letter wanted even more tests and try it in another computer. More failures. Now I wait for the forth letter.

Glad I have a spare computer to use. I don't have a problem with the truck. As for Corsair......

thats why i have 3 mac's to fall back on.

mars_THoC

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
My order is just the first half of what I need.
The last order with newegg was in my hands in a couple of days.
This ones taking a while and coming from 3 different warehouse's.
Im expecting 1300 bucks worth of stuff today. Im just off work early and itching for something to do, other then those responisble things we have to.

Screw it, Im doing the brown truck drop off dance.

db101

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
This is why you ship FedEx. Course it helps if you have employee discount like me but still. :lol:
Heads up to anyone shipping anything! FedEx has been shipping stuff for the US Postal Service for the past few years, and as a former FedEx worker myself I've seen whole planeloads of "Brown Boxes." Yeah, we ship everything. And often times in order to increase speed of delivery the packages aren't "handled with care." :(

Working there has made me fear shipping just about anything through anyone. :lol:

Arrowyx

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Yeah, we ship everything.
Yeah, I just love seeing DHL and UPS boxes come through along with all the FedEx boxes. Plain white gets kinda boring after a while and we need some color to liven things up. Course all those radioactive symbols are kinda colorful, along with all the other hazmat markings. :lol:

db101

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Don't mind my threadjacking, not like it matters for this thread, but where the heck did DHL come from all of a sudden anway? I remember it's always been FedEx vs UPS here in The States, with ole USPS picking up the slack in between. Then all of a sudden one day I wake up and there are these commercial for the Yellow Truck. I think "Ha! They'll never make it with these other companies already duking it out." But yet they seem to have plenty of money to cover startup costs and enter the market. Maybe I'm just sore because they compete with "glorious" FedEx.

(By the way I live in Memphis, which is the home of the world hub around here, so if you say you like _____ better than FedEx, you might as well be cussing :lol: )

rivalneighbour

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Sucks that nobody ships anything on the weekends. Ive ordered stuff on a thursday and paid for next day and it still didnt arrive til monday at 2pm. Waiting is absolute suffering. But when the stuff arrives it's well worth the wait and worth the agony of waiting. Come to think of it I used to be a waiter in a restaurant waiting on customers in 88. No, wait... it was 89.

db101

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Founded in San Fran, then expanded quickly to the Pacific Rim... not to be seen in America again until 2004? Well I guess they know what they're doing, if they're already the third largest express package people in the US. Thanks for the link, Vern.

mars_THoC

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
So the other day the brown driver got here after dark. Today Im expecting another delivery from the brown truck. Heres hoping they get here a little earlier.
I think My house is at the end of there route or something. That or they know when your excited to get whats on there truck and make you wait as long as possible.

db101

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Or if you are in a habit of following verndewds advice, then I suspect the reason they wait till dark is so they can deliver the package and not have to catch a good peek at a crazy naked guy. Maybe if you put on some clothes and stopped dancing for a moment or two they'd come earlier. :lol:

Ryan_D

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2006
I love the brown truck. I don't know why everyone hates it. Every single order of mine has arrived undamaged and extremely fast.

FedEx is nice too though :D I like them both. I just use UPS more frequently because on Newegg it's very very cheap for the service.

TRENDING THREADS