Sign in with
Your question

Anyone play chess online?

Last response: in Video Games
May 23, 2001 6:04:59 AM

Hi all.

I was just wondering if anyone else on this board played chess online much.

I usually play on Yahoo because it fast easy and there is a lot of chumps on there. Some really good players too!

Thx & Cya

<font color=green>I may go to <font color=red>hell</font color=red> but at least I won't get lonely</font color=green>

More about : play chess online

May 23, 2001 6:37:12 AM

I used to play on yahoo, but I must be one of the chumps lol.

I haven't played much since I was twelve, so my level of play (which was decent at twelve) isn't up to much.

<b>
"Now drop your weapons or I'll kill him with this deadly jelly baby." :wink:
</b>
Anonymous
May 23, 2001 9:39:08 AM

Yep, I played on Yahoo also, but not recently. I like to think I am not a chump, though I probably am. However, I only lost once or twice in about 10 matches.

And I, I took the path less traveled by,....well, at least I am getting there.
Related resources
May 23, 2001 12:52:16 PM

I'll play, but I too would be one of the chumps

Back off man, I'm a scientist
May 24, 2001 3:22:37 PM

I just looked at my player info.

Rating 1574
Games completed 1882
Abandoned games 10
Wins 1349
Losses 501
Draws 32
Streak 2

Cool hu? I played a lot of 1 min games but enjoy 10/5 too.

I think most of my wins were against chumps.

Thx & Cya

<font color=green>I may go to <font color=red>hell</font color=red> but at least I won't get lonely</font color=green>
Anonymous
May 28, 2001 6:05:36 AM

I play almost everywhere. I like chess.net the best. I rate 2000+ for Standard and Lightning. I rate 1800 for blitz. Chess.net also lets you play some variants like bughouse and crazyhouse.

Windows sux. Death to MS.
Anonymous
June 2, 2001 5:16:53 AM

www.freechess.org is my favorite free chess server. I'm biased though since I've used it for many years. It has more strong players than any site other than ICC I would guess.
March 11, 2013 12:54:37 PM

I like online chess where you don't play a computer that is way out of your level of skills. I just find that you'll never learn how to play proper and would soon just drop it. Playing online with live users is a different thing and i recommed it to everyone as it's really a good fun, especially when playing against friends :) 
!