Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Are there any similar games to Command and Conquer Generals?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 2, 2004 3:49:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

I love Generals. It is an excellent game. IMO it's doing for RTS games what
the original CNC did many years ago. Since the introduction of CNC there
have been many good clones to come out e.g. TA, War Craft etc. IMO WC has
evolved and headed in a different direction to CNC. While others enjoy that
type of game play It doesn't appeal to me too much. I know that Generals is
still a fairly new game but is anyone aware of other RTS games out there
with a similar style to Generals?
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 3:49:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

"Rats" <rubixchump@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
news:2kjm94F30ijbU1@uni-berlin.de...
> I love Generals. It is an excellent game. IMO it's doing for RTS games
what
> the original CNC did many years ago. Since the introduction of CNC there
> have been many good clones to come out e.g. TA, War Craft etc. IMO WC has
> evolved and headed in a different direction to CNC. While others enjoy
that
> type of game play It doesn't appeal to me too much. I know that Generals
is
> still a fairly new game but is anyone aware of other RTS games out there
> with a similar style to Generals?
>
>

Zero Hour ;-)

I love mouse only games. Can't stand games that require you to use a dozen
different keys to play it. If I could type it wouldn't be so bad, but I
can't watch the action and search for the right key at the same time.
July 2, 2004 6:46:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

"The Ancient One" <onlytheone@thetopknows.com> wrote in message
news:10e9i487e5i46a3@corp.supernews.com...
> Zero Hour ;-)

LOL! ;-) Other than that of course!

> I love mouse only games. Can't stand games that require you to use a dozen
> different keys to play it. If I could type it wouldn't be so bad, but I
> can't watch the action and search for the right key at the same time.

I know what you mean. CNC Generals ROCKS!
Related resources
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 3:16:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

Only game that I ever played that was close to C&C was KKND (Krush,Kill N
Destroy)

--
The Anonymous Alcoholic! Drink 24:7
Copyright © 2004


"Rats" <rubixchump@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
news:2kjm94F30ijbU1@uni-berlin.de...
> I love Generals. It is an excellent game. IMO it's doing for RTS games
what
> the original CNC did many years ago. Since the introduction of CNC there
> have been many good clones to come out e.g. TA, War Craft etc. IMO WC has
> evolved and headed in a different direction to CNC. While others enjoy
that
> type of game play It doesn't appeal to me too much. I know that Generals
is
> still a fairly new game but is anyone aware of other RTS games out there
> with a similar style to Generals?
>
>
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 9:40:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

Do a search for RTS (real time strategy) games.

Try to find and older game called "TOTAL ANNIHILATION".
I had some fun with that one.


"Rats" <rubixchump@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
news:2kjm94F30ijbU1@uni-berlin.de...
> I love Generals. It is an excellent game. IMO it's doing for RTS games
what
> the original CNC did many years ago. Since the introduction of CNC there
> have been many good clones to come out e.g. TA, War Craft etc. IMO WC has
> evolved and headed in a different direction to CNC. While others enjoy
that
> type of game play It doesn't appeal to me too much. I know that Generals
is
> still a fairly new game but is anyone aware of other RTS games out there
> with a similar style to Generals?
>
>
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 3:16:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

TA was the ultimate RTS game of it's time, Still gives Generals a run for
it's money now! I have TA & all it's add-on packs, It still rocks today!

Aido.

"Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:2AWGc.7415$WX.2181@attbi_s51...
> Do a search for RTS (real time strategy) games.
>
> Try to find and older game called "TOTAL ANNIHILATION".
> I had some fun with that one.
>
>
> "Rats" <rubixchump@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
> news:2kjm94F30ijbU1@uni-berlin.de...
> > I love Generals. It is an excellent game. IMO it's doing for RTS games
> what
> > the original CNC did many years ago. Since the introduction of CNC there
> > have been many good clones to come out e.g. TA, War Craft etc. IMO WC
has
> > evolved and headed in a different direction to CNC. While others enjoy
> that
> > type of game play It doesn't appeal to me too much. I know that Generals
> is
> > still a fairly new game but is anyone aware of other RTS games out there
> > with a similar style to Generals?
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 3:39:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

"Aido" <cb600shornet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:tv%Gc.83643$sj4.15371@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> TA was the ultimate RTS game of it's time, Still gives Generals a run for
> it's money now! I have TA & all it's add-on packs, It still rocks today!
>
> Aido.


do you have Tiberium DeeZire?

--
Fight Win Prevail
But Never Cheat
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 1:31:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

No I don't, Never heard of it.
Not an Add-on for TA.

Aido.
"TCipollina" <joesdad@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:U0GHc.46622$iJ4.37736@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> "Aido" <cb600shornet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:tv%Gc.83643$sj4.15371@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > TA was the ultimate RTS game of it's time, Still gives Generals a run
for
> > it's money now! I have TA & all it's add-on packs, It still rocks today!
> >
> > Aido.
>
>
> do you have Tiberium DeeZire?
>
> --
> Fight Win Prevail
> But Never Cheat
>
>
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 7:25:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

no, an add on for TS
now i am trying to remember why i put it on this message thread
maybe i snipped something below
sigh

--
Fight Win Prevail
But Never Cheat
"Aido" <cb600shornet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:SHOHc.87512$sj4.58397@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> No I don't, Never heard of it.
> Not an Add-on for TA.
>
> Aido.
> "TCipollina" <joesdad@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:U0GHc.46622$iJ4.37736@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> > "Aido" <cb600shornet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:tv%Gc.83643$sj4.15371@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > > TA was the ultimate RTS game of it's time, Still gives Generals a run
> for
> > > it's money now! I have TA & all it's add-on packs, It still rocks
today!
> > >
> > > Aido.
> >
> >
> > do you have Tiberium DeeZire?
> >
> > --
> > Fight Win Prevail
> > But Never Cheat
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 7:25:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

"TCipollina" <joesdad@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:BZcIc.30019$yd5.15296@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> no, an add on for TS
> now i am trying to remember why i put it on this message thread
> maybe i snipped something below
> sigh

Because TS is a C&C game and TA isn't? ;-)

>
> --
> Fight Win Prevail
> But Never Cheat
> "Aido" <cb600shornet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:SHOHc.87512$sj4.58397@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > No I don't, Never heard of it.
> > Not an Add-on for TA.
> >
> > Aido.
> > "TCipollina" <joesdad@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> > news:U0GHc.46622$iJ4.37736@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> > > "Aido" <cb600shornet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > news:tv%Gc.83643$sj4.15371@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > > > TA was the ultimate RTS game of it's time, Still gives Generals a
run
> > for
> > > > it's money now! I have TA & all it's add-on packs, It still rocks
> today!
> > > >
> > > > Aido.
> > >
> > >
> > > do you have Tiberium DeeZire?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Fight Win Prevail
> > > But Never Cheat
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 3:47:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

hello doug


--
Fight Win Prevail
But Never Cheat
"Douglas A. Shrader" <dshrader@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:10f3516h5bslof6@corp.supernews.com...
>
> "TCipollina" <joesdad@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:BZcIc.30019$yd5.15296@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> > no, an add on for TS
> > now i am trying to remember why i put it on this message thread
> > maybe i snipped something below
> > sigh
>
> Because TS is a C&C game and TA isn't? ;-)
>
> >
> > --
> > Fight Win Prevail
> > But Never Cheat
> > "Aido" <cb600shornet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:SHOHc.87512$sj4.58397@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > > No I don't, Never heard of it.
> > > Not an Add-on for TA.
> > >
> > > Aido.
> > > "TCipollina" <joesdad@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> > > news:U0GHc.46622$iJ4.37736@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> > > > "Aido" <cb600shornet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:tv%Gc.83643$sj4.15371@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > > > > TA was the ultimate RTS game of it's time, Still gives Generals a
> run
> > > for
> > > > > it's money now! I have TA & all it's add-on packs, It still rocks
> > today!
> > > > >
> > > > > Aido.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > do you have Tiberium DeeZire?
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Fight Win Prevail
> > > > But Never Cheat
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
June 20, 2008 8:09:01 PM

:pfff:  I hear you on your frustration with Command and Conquer Generals...I also do not care for the game play...I do like the new Tiberium Wars Kane Edition, but was not impressed with Generals. Try "World At War" way cool game. "Total Annihilation" is a good game....so is "Crush, Kill, and Destroy", but my best pick is Worlkd at War. Also, you might like "Rise of Nations".
Any questions...please feel free to drop me an email.....garthandcristina@hotmail.com, I can hook you up with some torrents.
June 20, 2008 8:36:57 PM

I bet the OP is super stoked to get such a great offer from garthandcristina. And to think he only had to wait just shy of 4 years.
!