stream multiple cams

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 17, 2004 4:21:04 AM

Can anyone reccomend any software that will allow me to stream multiple cams
and upload them via FTP to my website so that they are all viewable on the
internet?

More about : stream multiple cams

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 11:41:41 AM

sincityharley wrote:

> Can anyone reccomend any software that will allow me to stream multiple cams
> and upload them via FTP to my website so that they are all viewable on the
> internet?

www.webcamxp.com

You can upload multiple ftp things, or stream multiple video. Up to
five, iirc - which can be either on the machine webcamxp is installed
on, or grabbed via http over the network to another machine running
webcamxp (check licencing if you do this, I can't remember if it's one
key to install up to 2/3 times, or if you need to contact them to get a
different key for the second install).

Yes it's not free, but it's the best bit of software I've ever used for
webcams - runs reliably, doesn't crash every couple of days, etc etc.

--

Velvet
Anonymous

"sincityharley" <sincityharley@cox.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone reccomend any software that will allow me to stream multiple cams
> and upload them via FTP to my website so that they are all viewable on the
> internet?

Have a look at HomeSentinel at http://bobday.vze.com.

-- Bob Day
September 17, 2004 11:42:00 PM

Velvet do you have a site that is up and running with webcamxp that I could
take a peek at?

"Velvet" <velvet@not.a.valid.domain> wrote in message
> sincityharley wrote:
>
> > Can anyone reccomend any software that will allow me to stream multiple
cams
> > and upload them via FTP to my website so that they are all viewable on
the
> > internet?
> >

> www.webcamxp.com
>
> You can upload multiple ftp things, or stream multiple video. Up to
> five, iirc - which can be either on the machine webcamxp is installed
> on, or grabbed via http over the network to another machine running
> webcamxp (check licencing if you do this, I can't remember if it's one
> key to install up to 2/3 times, or if you need to contact them to get a
> different key for the second install).
>
> Yes it's not free, but it's the best bit of software I've ever used for
> webcams - runs reliably, doesn't crash every couple of days, etc etc.
>
> --
>

> Velvet
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 11:44:09 PM

Bob do you have a site that is up and running with your cam software that I
can have a look at?

"Bob Day" <xxxxxxx@yyyyyyy.com> wrote in message
> "sincityharley" <sincityharley@cox.net> wrote in message
> > Can anyone reccomend any software that will allow me to stream multiple
cams
> > and upload them via FTP to my website so that they are all viewable on
the
> > internet?
>
> Have a look at HomeSentinel at http://bobday.vze.com.
>
> -- Bob Day

Anonymous
September 18, 2004 9:19:57 AM

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:21:04 -0700, "sincityharley"
<sincityharley@cox.net> wrote:

>Can anyone reccomend any software that will allow me to stream multiple cams
>and upload them via FTP to my website so that they are all viewable on the
>internet?

Streaming and ftp are usually somewhat different approaches for
different reasons. If you go to my page below and scroll down a
bit, there are a couple of test pages that have more than one
webcam set up for streaming. You can view the page sources to see
how they are setup. The page also has some info on making a cheap
webcam video switcher, a DIY pan/tilt webcam, and some other
gizmos.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/index.htm
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 10:09:42 PM

"sincityharley" <sincityharley@cox.net> wrote in message news:<2ew2d.42081$9Y5.434@fed1read02>...
> Can anyone reccomend any software that will allow me to stream multiple cams
> and upload them via FTP to my website so that they are all viewable on the
> internet?

CamPanel

http://www.trackercam.com/campanel
!