stream multiple cams

Can anyone reccomend any software that will allow me to stream multiple cams
and upload them via FTP to my website so that they are all viewable on the
internet?
6 answers Last reply
More about stream multiple cams

    sincityharley wrote:

    > Can anyone reccomend any software that will allow me to stream multiple cams
    > and upload them via FTP to my website so that they are all viewable on the
    > internet?

    www.webcamxp.com

    You can upload multiple ftp things, or stream multiple video. Up to
    five, iirc - which can be either on the machine webcamxp is installed
    on, or grabbed via http over the network to another machine running
    webcamxp (check licencing if you do this, I can't remember if it's one
    key to install up to 2/3 times, or if you need to contact them to get a
    different key for the second install).

    Yes it's not free, but it's the best bit of software I've ever used for
    webcams - runs reliably, doesn't crash every couple of days, etc etc.

    --

    Velvet

    "sincityharley" <sincityharley@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Can anyone reccomend any software that will allow me to stream multiple cams
    > and upload them via FTP to my website so that they are all viewable on the
    > internet?

    Have a look at HomeSentinel at http://bobday.vze.com.

    -- Bob Day

    Velvet do you have a site that is up and running with webcamxp that I could
    take a peek at?

    "Velvet" <velvet@not.a.valid.domain> wrote in message
    > sincityharley wrote:
    >
    > > Can anyone reccomend any software that will allow me to stream multiple
    cams
    > > and upload them via FTP to my website so that they are all viewable on
    the
    > > internet?
    > >

    > www.webcamxp.com
    >
    > You can upload multiple ftp things, or stream multiple video. Up to
    > five, iirc - which can be either on the machine webcamxp is installed
    > on, or grabbed via http over the network to another machine running
    > webcamxp (check licencing if you do this, I can't remember if it's one
    > key to install up to 2/3 times, or if you need to contact them to get a
    > different key for the second install).
    >
    > Yes it's not free, but it's the best bit of software I've ever used for
    > webcams - runs reliably, doesn't crash every couple of days, etc etc.
    >
    > --
    >

    > Velvet

    Bob do you have a site that is up and running with your cam software that I
    can have a look at?

    "Bob Day" <xxxxxxx@yyyyyyy.com> wrote in message
    > "sincityharley" <sincityharley@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone reccomend any software that will allow me to stream multiple
    cams
    > > and upload them via FTP to my website so that they are all viewable on
    the
    > > internet?
    >
    > Have a look at HomeSentinel at http://bobday.vze.com.
    >
    > -- Bob Day

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:21:04 -0700, "sincityharley"
    <sincityharley@cox.net> wrote:

    >Can anyone reccomend any software that will allow me to stream multiple cams
    >and upload them via FTP to my website so that they are all viewable on the
    >internet?

    Streaming and ftp are usually somewhat different approaches for
    different reasons. If you go to my page below and scroll down a
    bit, there are a couple of test pages that have more than one
    webcam set up for streaming. You can view the page sources to see
    how they are setup. The page also has some info on making a cheap
    webcam video switcher, a DIY pan/tilt webcam, and some other
    gizmos.

    http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/index.htm
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    "sincityharley" <sincityharley@cox.net> wrote in message news:<2ew2d.42081$9Y5.434@fed1read02>...
    > Can anyone reccomend any software that will allow me to stream multiple cams
    > and upload them via FTP to my website so that they are all viewable on the
    > internet?

    CamPanel

    http://www.trackercam.com/campanel

Webcams Software Peripherals