want to try OCing

phone33

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
so i have a PC, its about a year old it was build by monarch computers i have a Tyan S2895 Thunder K8WE motherboard
Dual AMD Opteron Processor 246 2.01 GHz
2 GB Corsair RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400 graphics card

i dont know if u need more info to tell me what to do but i bought this computer a year ago and i really dont feel like im useing its full potential. i use it for Graphic (i run photoshop maya and Zbrush) and gaming like EQ2 and companey of heros.

i am kinda new to computers but im not dumb and i would like to know how to take care of my computer, and mybe next time build on myself

JoeUbi

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2006
so i have a PC, its about a year old it was build by monarch computers i have a Tyan S2895 Thunder K8WE motherboard
Dual AMD Opteron Processor 246 2.01 GHz
2 GB Corsair RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400 graphics card

i dont know if u need more info to tell me what to do but i bought this computer a year ago and i really dont feel like im useing its full potential. i use it for Graphic (i run photoshop maya and Zbrush) and gaming like EQ2 and companey of heros.

i am kinda new to computers but im not dumb and i would like to know how to take care of my computer, and mybe next time build on myself

What kinda of case is it in? What kind heatsink/fan?

phone33

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Case ENERMAX CS-10182-BA Black
heatseak/fan i cant find a model # but its a cooljag, and it has a large silver heatsink w/ fan on top

JoeUbi

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2006
Case ENERMAX CS-10182-BA Black
heatseak/fan i cant find a model # but its a cooljag, and it has a large silver heatsink w/ fan on top

Well, the case looks good. Has lots of ventilation. I am not so sure you would want to OC with those HS/Fans, Do you know what temp it idles and loads at?