Drag-n-Drop Files and other problems

Until late last week I was able to drag-n-drop files from one folder to the
next and move around my desktop icons. It suddenly stopped and I can no
longer drag anything. I have also found that within applications such as
window explorer I cannot adjust the field size of the columns. I can only go
with the default or double click to autofit the column. I have checked
everywhere I could think of where drag-n-drop needs to be enabled and it is
enabled all those places. I believe the last thing I did on this computer
was uninstall Comcast's high speed internet program. Does anybody have any
suggestions that might help me.

Thanks!
Foxtrot
2 answers Last reply
More about drag drop files problems

    Have you tried running System Restore to go back to a date when the system
    was running correctly? Go to Start->Help and Support and look under the
    "Pick a task" section for System Restore.

    If you do roll back to a date prior to when you uninstalled Comcast you will
    need to uninstall it again.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Foxtrot" <Foxtrot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Until late last week I was able to drag-n-drop files from one folder to
    the
    | next and move around my desktop icons. It suddenly stopped and I can no
    | longer drag anything. I have also found that within applications such as
    | window explorer I cannot adjust the field size of the columns. I can only
    go
    | with the default or double click to autofit the column. I have checked
    | everywhere I could think of where drag-n-drop needs to be enabled and it
    is
    | enabled all those places. I believe the last thing I did on this computer
    | was uninstall Comcast's high speed internet program. Does anybody have
    any
    | suggestions that might help me.
    |
    | Thanks!
    | Foxtrot

    Tried running System Restore a full week back before the problems occured,
    but to no avail. I am still having the same problems. Any other ideas?

    Foxtrot

    "Harry Ohrn" wrote:

    > Have you tried running System Restore to go back to a date when the system
    > was running correctly? Go to Start->Help and Support and look under the
    > "Pick a task" section for System Restore.
    >
    > If you do roll back to a date prior to when you uninstalled Comcast you will
    > need to uninstall it again.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >

    > "Foxtrot" <Foxtrot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > | Until late last week I was able to drag-n-drop files from one folder to
    > the
    > | next and move around my desktop icons. It suddenly stopped and I can no
    > | longer drag anything. I have also found that within applications such as
    > | window explorer I cannot adjust the field size of the columns. I can only
    > go
    > | with the default or double click to autofit the column. I have checked
    > | everywhere I could think of where drag-n-drop needs to be enabled and it
    > is
    > | enabled all those places. I believe the last thing I did on this computer
    > | was uninstall Comcast's high speed internet program. Does anybody have
    > any
    > | suggestions that might help me.
    > |
    > | Thanks!
    > | Foxtrot