Drag-n-Drop Files and other problems

Until late last week I was able to drag-n-drop files from one folder to the
next and move around my desktop icons. It suddenly stopped and I can no
longer drag anything. I have also found that within applications such as
window explorer I cannot adjust the field size of the columns. I can only go
with the default or double click to autofit the column. I have checked
everywhere I could think of where drag-n-drop needs to be enabled and it is
enabled all those places. I believe the last thing I did on this computer
was uninstall Comcast's high speed internet program. Does anybody have any
suggestions that might help me.

Thanks!
Foxtrot

Have you tried running System Restore to go back to a date when the system
was running correctly? Go to Start->Help and Support and look under the
"Pick a task" section for System Restore.

If you do roll back to a date prior to when you uninstalled Comcast you will
need to uninstall it again.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Foxtrot" <Foxtrot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Until late last week I was able to drag-n-drop files from one folder to
the
| next and move around my desktop icons. It suddenly stopped and I can no
| longer drag anything. I have also found that within applications such as
| window explorer I cannot adjust the field size of the columns. I can only
go
| with the default or double click to autofit the column. I have checked
| everywhere I could think of where drag-n-drop needs to be enabled and it
is
| enabled all those places. I believe the last thing I did on this computer
| was uninstall Comcast's high speed internet program. Does anybody have
any
| suggestions that might help me.
|
| Thanks!
| Foxtrot

Tried running System Restore a full week back before the problems occured,
but to no avail. I am still having the same problems. Any other ideas?

Foxtrot

"Harry Ohrn" wrote:

> Have you tried running System Restore to go back to a date when the system
> was running correctly? Go to Start->Help and Support and look under the
> "Pick a task" section for System Restore.
>
> If you do roll back to a date prior to when you uninstalled Comcast you will
> need to uninstall it again.
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Foxtrot" <Foxtrot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Until late last week I was able to drag-n-drop files from one folder to
> the
> | next and move around my desktop icons. It suddenly stopped and I can no
> | longer drag anything. I have also found that within applications such as
> | window explorer I cannot adjust the field size of the columns. I can only
> go
> | with the default or double click to autofit the column. I have checked
> | everywhere I could think of where drag-n-drop needs to be enabled and it
> is
> | enabled all those places. I believe the last thing I did on this computer
> | was uninstall Comcast's high speed internet program. Does anybody have
> any
> | suggestions that might help me.
> |
> | Thanks!
> | Foxtrot