Sign in with
Your question

Would like some input/help with a First Build!

Last response: in Systems
December 6, 2006 1:02:45 AM

After spending many days browsing through the forums, I've finally come up with a list of parts that I think will work well together for my needs. I've read so many posts, and none seem to be an exact match, so I thought I would post mine to make sure everything will run smoothly together before I make my purchase.

The system will be used for some gaming (WoW, CS:S, BF2, and anything that might strike my fancy later on), video editing, CAD, etc. I'm not planning on OCing the system right now, but would like the option in the future.

My budget is about $1200 Cdn, without monitor, OS, mouse, and keyboard.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
Gigabyte P965 DS3
OCZ GOLD Extreme XTC DDR2 PC-6400 800 MHz
Seagate Baracuda 7200.10 320Gb
Evga E-GeForce 7600 GT KO
Samsung SH-S182
Antec P180 Case
Antec NEO 550w

This comes in at around $1250 Cdn.

I went a little overkill (for the current system anyway) with the case and PSU because I hope to use these for future upgrades/builds. I plan on upgrading to a DX10 card in about 6mnths or so, and will be adding another Gb of Ram at the same time.

I would appreciate any input you guys have! Did I forget anything?

Thanks for all and any help! It's much appreciated!

More about : input build

December 6, 2006 1:28:49 AM

Ok. Just so you know, that motherboard (I have the same one) does have some issues with OCZ ram.. I don't know if you will have to increase the ram voltage or not, but I had to increase the RAM voltage by .2v or .3v in order to install windows.

Otherwise, you have picked the same parts as my pc and they are all good parts.

If you have any questions, please PM me so I can help.
December 7, 2006 9:02:42 PM

Thanks alot for the reply.

I'll definately be in contact if I run into any issues.
!