PSU, Mobo or PCI-adapter-problem???

Ralph659

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
Hello,

Since the moment I added new RAM and a laser mouse (charging second li-ion battery via USB while I'm working) I'm experiencing a weird problem. When I got rebooted, my wireless PCI-adapter doesn't find the network and I think I found the problem but don't really understand.

If I don't overclock at all (2244 Mhz, 204/66/33, Vcore 1.5V, AGPV 1.55V, DDRV 2.65V, NBV 1.55V, SBV 2.5V and HTV 1.2V, the wireless PCI-adapter can't find the network...
But when I overclock a little (2310 Mhz, 210/66/33, Vcore 1.6V, AGPV 1.6V, DDRV 2.65V, NBV 1.55V, SBV 2.55V and HTV 1.25V, my wireless PCI-adapter finds the network almost immediately.

I'm working now on 2310 Mhz but from time to time my system freezes or reboots itself and than my wireless PCI-adapter can't find a network for some time even on 2310 Mhz...

I don't think it's the RAM because memtest86 doesn't give problems at all but I must admit a few days ago I received an hardware failure-error in Prime95 when doing the middle 'lots of CPU and Heat- test' when turning on 2310 Mhz even that the temps didn't get that high...

I have also reinstalled my whole system, problem persists...

I have a 340 Watt PSU from Chieftec (I think 15 A) since 2002 of which my reseller says it's a very good PSU cause I am not really an overclocker or use heavy software or hardware. I'm using an Abit AV8 mobo and an AMD 64 3500+ CPU and an ATI Radeon 8500 64 MB videocard, for the rest nothing special in my system...

Can someone please give me an answer cause I need my pc for work and I'm having already problems for almost a week...

Thanks in advance!

Was your system stable before the memory and mouse upgrade?

If so put everything exactly back the way it was and see if that fixes it. If that does fix it then you have either a power problem and need to replace the power supply, a hardware problem (memory), or a software problem (mouse driver).

Trouble shooting is a part knowledge and part instinct, but you can make up for instinct with lots of practice and knowledge.

Ralph659

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
Thanks for you reply!

Indeed my system was stable before the upgrades but when I put everything back like it was, problems persist...

kdxrider9262

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
Driver issue??? Do you have the latest drivers for everyting...also poke around in your BIOS for some wierd setting they somtimes put in there. Other than that your prob is pretty wierd :0

OEM-NIB-OBO

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
I would definetly suggest updating all you drivers and to probably get a better psu. Which procesor are you using? because that could tell alot about the problem. Oh, and there are many driver update programs out there, just got to download.com and search "driver update"