Zero Hour installation problem (error 1305)

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

Whenever I try installing C&C Generals Zero Hour I get an error during
installation (error 1305). It can't seem to read the .cab file on the
cd. I've tried on two different computers but get the same problem on
both. I've seen people post about the same problem in various places,
but haven't found a solution anywhere. Does anyone know how to fix
this?
2 answers Last reply
More about zero hour installation problem error 1305
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

    honestly, i dont think you can fix it, the problem is most likely your
    computer. something must be corrupted and not able to read the cab file.
    run an antivirus program. the problem could also be compatibility, maybe
    the game wont run with your driver/os or whatever.
    check for the latest updates and run and anitvirus program. hope that
    halps you :)
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

    Hi,
    I had exactly the same problem when I tried to reload the game on a new hard
    drive that had only Windows XP on it. I installed Word from Office XP and
    the game then installed correctly. I don't know if this was chance, or if
    the game needs Word in order to load.
    Hope this might help
    Viper
    "CarnbY" <carl-erik@herheim.no> wrote in message
    > Whenever I try installing C&C Generals Zero Hour I get an error during
    > installation (error 1305). It can't seem to read the .cab file on the
    > cd. I've tried on two different computers but get the same problem on
    > both. I've seen people post about the same problem in various places,
    > but haven't found a solution anywhere. Does anyone know how to fix
    > this?

Installation Error Command Prompt Video Games