newbie, need java push/pull info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeep

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2003

Hi-

I just found this group. I have a DLINK 900W wireless camera.
Id like to write my own java code (or even C or C++) code to
pull images from the cam, or other types of cameras for that matter.

DOes anyone have any pointers? I started looking at the JMF java
stuff. Any code snippets or websites to start from would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:06:23 +0000 (UTC), jeep@01.usenet.us.com
wrote:

>Hi-
>
>I just found this group. I have a DLINK 900W wireless camera.
>Id like to write my own java code (or even C or C++) code to
>pull images from the cam, or other types of cameras for that matter.
>
>DOes anyone have any pointers? I started looking at the JMF java
>stuff. Any code snippets or websites to start from would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Jeff

Below are two webcam test pages I've made that use a simple java
pull setup. You can view the page sources to see how they are
done.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc2000.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc32pull.htm

<jeep@01.usenet.us.com> wrote in message news:civktf$m0g$1@blue.rahul.net...
> Hi-
>
> I just found this group. I have a DLINK 900W wireless camera.
> Id like to write my own java code (or even C or C++) code to
> pull images from the cam, or other types of cameras for that matter.
>
> DOes anyone have any pointers? I started looking at the JMF java
> stuff. Any code snippets or websites to start from would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>
> --

my local ip
Model : DCS-900
Firmware Version : 2.20 (2003-10-25)

«!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
«html>
«head>
«title>ncam7«/title>
«script language="Javascript">
«!-- hide
var img = 'http://knock:knock@192.168.0.27:8087/Image.jpg?cidx=';

function startClock()
{
timerID = setTimeout("reload()", 6552);
}

function reload()
{
var now = new Date();
var camImg = img + "?" + now.getTime();
document.campicture.src = camImg;
startClock();
}

startClock();

// end hide -->
«/script>
«/head>
«body style="background-color: rgb(51, 51, 51);" topmargin="0"
leftmargin="0">
«table height="260" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 align=center>
«tbody>
«tr valign=baseline>
«td>

«font color=silver size=2 face=arial>ncam7«/font>«/td>«td align=right>«a
href="file:///c:/dlink/netcam/ncam7AX.htm" title="enable full speed ?
(BackSpace to return)">«font color=silver size=2 face=arial>[ax 30
fps]«/font>«/a>«/td>
«/tr>
«tr>
«td colspan=2 Align=center bgcolor=#333333>

«img name="campicture"
align="bottom"
src="http://knock:knock@192.168.0.27:8087/Image.jpg?cidx=">«/td>
«/tr>
«/tbody>
«/table>
«/body>
«/html>

Jeep

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2003

Hey thanks for the info!

....but, while that info is great, my goal is to write a
java application to do the client pull or server push (Im assuming
thats the correct terms)...on a linux box.

While the Microsoft stuff is good, Im looking for a java (not javascript)
source or pointers or whatever.

Once again, thanks. Im happy to find this group!
Jeff

this looks pretty neat. are there any more detailed instructions or
examples of how it was setup. looks like as long as the pc is on, an
outsider could hit on it through the open port. maybe not. need more
help if there is. thanks,