Axle

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2004
Hi,

Friend of mine has the same kit as me in as far as he has an;
MSI 965i Platinum
Corsair PC2-6400CL4 Ram
C2DE6600

Where his differs is in the Video card. I've got an MSI 7900GTO and he's got a Gainward 7950GT.

His system at 1600x1200 preduces artifacts in the picture, when mine doesn't. His card has been replaced via an RMA...and it still does it.

Is it possible that the MSI MoBo and the Gainward 7950GT are incompatible? We tried his card in mine and it was the same....artifacting like a biatch.

Drivers are all upto date for Nvidia card/MSI board.

Anyone heard of a compatibility issue?

Axle

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2004
Absolutely definately not :)

No OC'ing attempted.
No heat issues

It still happened when the card was put on my system board with the below spec.

My friends spec is the same, bar the case/cpu cooler.

It's possibly the 7950GT drivers...but it was the same with the previous revision of drivers...and we've tried 2 Gainward 7950GT's too...

Axle

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2004
Also it happens in Windows! Just displays random coloured pixels.....and no it's not the monitor.

Every thing has been tested with my MSI 7900GTO...

The easy thing to say is, Buy another card, but we need to know why because it's bugging the sh1t out of us :)

The only other thing I can think of is a fresh install of Windows. I recall a time when I was having trouble with my Radeon 9600XT. Every now and then the system would crash. Uninstalling and re-installing the drivers didn't help. Scanning for spyware or malware didn't help. So I finally decided to re-install Windows XP and I never had problem after that.

Axle

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2004
Interesting...he did a half arsed re-install lots of messing about. I'll suggest it. Thanks for having a think about it.