webcam w/ motion detector

I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in. I
have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore can be
wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my office. I
appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.

Regards,
Bill

Might check out
http://www.homewatcher.com
software to use with a cam, I like it

"Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> wrote in message
> I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in. I
> have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
> security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore can
be
> wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my office.
> appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

Our software, TrackerCam Software (free), and CamPanel software($50),
has motion detection. They even have motion tracking that will help
you keep track of the intruder after they are detected (works along
with robotic pan/tilt bases). We recommend the "TrackerCam Special"
from our website ($199.99 - download TrackerCam Software).

More information

http://www.trackercam.com

"Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> wrote in message news:<5846d.1611$Xd2.1372@trndny01>...
> I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in. I
> have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
> security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore can be
> wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my office. I
> appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

just tried homewatcher for myself.. and yeah its cool...

there is even a crack available if your brave enough..

regards slayer

"bumtracks" <user@unknown.org> wrote in message
> Might check out
> http://www.homewatcher.com
> software to use with a cam, I like it
>
> "Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> wrote in message
> > I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in.
> > have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
> > security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore
can
> be
> > wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my
office.
> > appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bill

Thanks for the response. I checked out checked out homewatcher.com and I am
not quiete clear on the motion detection mentioned in the features of the
software. Will using the Homewatcher software make a regular webcam motion
sensitive and therefore causing the webcamera to start recording? I have
not investeded in a webcam yet, so I want to determinine if buying just a
regular webcam will be sufficient. In that you have tried the software I
hope you can advise me.

Regards,
Bill

"Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> wrote in message
> I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in. I
> have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
> security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore can be
> wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my office. I
> appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.

Have a look at the free, unlimited Basic version of HomeSentinel
at http://bobday.vze.com.

-- Bob Day

Have a look at the Logitech Messenger webcam, and it's motion-detector
software that comes with it all for app., £13 GBP.
Cheap 'n cheerful.
Eos.

www.logitech.com

Thnaks for the info.

Regards,
Bill
"Eos" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrackets)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Have a look at the Logitech Messenger webcam, and it's motion-detector
> software that comes with it all for app., £13 GBP.
> Cheap 'n cheerful.
> Eos.
>
> www.logitech.com

Hello,

The software "WebCAM Watson" can do a motion controlled video monitoring.

See www.steffelsoft.de/WebCAM

best regards

Stefan

"Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in. I
> have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
> security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore can
be
> wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my office.
> appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

WebCAM Watson also has motion detection can do a quick motion picture, which
is good for long time observations.

http://www.steffelsoft.de/WebCAM/indexE.html

Stefan

"bumtracks" <user@unknown.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Might check out
> http://www.homewatcher.com
> software to use with a cam, I like it
>
> "Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> wrote in message
> > I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in.
> > have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
> > security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore
can
> be
> > wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my
office.
> > appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bill

supervision cam is also a nice software
http://www.supervisioncam.com/

alainb

"Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
5846d.1611$Xd2.1372@trndny01...
> I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in. I
> have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
> security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore can
be
> wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my office.
> appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

typhoon webshot 11 has software with adjustable motion detector, automatic
filing and emailing if requested.
Watch out for the email facility the files can be huge.