webcam w/ motion detector

I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in. I
have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore can be
wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my office. I
appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.

Regards,
Bill
11 answers Last reply
More about webcam motion detector

    Might check out
    http://www.homewatcher.com
    software to use with a cam, I like it

    "Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in. I
    > have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
    > security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore can
    be
    > wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my office.
    > appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Bill

    Our software, TrackerCam Software (free), and CamPanel software($50),
    has motion detection. They even have motion tracking that will help
    you keep track of the intruder after they are detected (works along
    with robotic pan/tilt bases). We recommend the "TrackerCam Special"
    from our website ($199.99 - download TrackerCam Software).

    More information

    http://www.trackercam.com

    "Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> wrote in message news:<5846d.1611$Xd2.1372@trndny01>...
    > I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in. I
    > have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
    > security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore can be
    > wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my office. I
    > appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Bill

    just tried homewatcher for myself.. and yeah its cool...

    there is even a crack available if your brave enough..

    regards slayer

    "bumtracks" <user@unknown.org> wrote in message
    > Might check out
    > http://www.homewatcher.com
    > software to use with a cam, I like it
    >
    > "Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in.
    > > have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
    > > security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore
    can
    > be
    > > wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my
    office.
    > > appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Bill

    Thanks for the response. I checked out checked out homewatcher.com and I am
    not quiete clear on the motion detection mentioned in the features of the
    software. Will using the Homewatcher software make a regular webcam motion
    sensitive and therefore causing the webcamera to start recording? I have
    not investeded in a webcam yet, so I want to determinine if buying just a
    regular webcam will be sufficient. In that you have tried the software I
    hope you can advise me.

    Regards,
    Bill
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    "Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in. I
    > have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
    > security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore can be
    > wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my office. I
    > appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.

    Have a look at the free, unlimited Basic version of HomeSentinel
    at http://bobday.vze.com.

    -- Bob Day
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Have a look at the Logitech Messenger webcam, and it's motion-detector
    software that comes with it all for app., £13 GBP.
    Cheap 'n cheerful.
    Eos.

    www.logitech.com
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Thnaks for the info.

    Regards,
    Bill
    "Eos" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrackets)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Have a look at the Logitech Messenger webcam, and it's motion-detector
    > software that comes with it all for app., £13 GBP.
    > Cheap 'n cheerful.
    > Eos.
    >
    > www.logitech.com

  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Hello,

    The software "WebCAM Watson" can do a motion controlled video monitoring.

    See www.steffelsoft.de/WebCAM

    best regards

    Stefan

    "Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in. I
    > have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
    > security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore can
    be
    > wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my office.
    > appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Bill

  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    WebCAM Watson also has motion detection can do a quick motion picture, which
    is good for long time observations.

    http://www.steffelsoft.de/WebCAM/indexE.html

    Stefan

    "bumtracks" <user@unknown.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Might check out
    > http://www.homewatcher.com
    > software to use with a cam, I like it
    >
    > "Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in.
    > > have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
    > > security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore
    can
    > be
    > > wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my
    office.
    > > appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Bill

  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    supervision cam is also a nice software
    http://www.supervisioncam.com/

    alainb

    "Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
    5846d.1611$Xd2.1372@trndny01...
    > I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in. I
    > have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
    > security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore can
    be
    > wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my office.
    > appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Bill

  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    typhoon webshot 11 has software with adjustable motion detector, automatic
    filing and emailing if requested.
    Watch out for the email facility the files can be huge.
    "Alain" <bouniot.a@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    > supervision cam is also a nice software
    > http://www.supervisioncam.com/
    >
    > alainb
    >
    > "Bill W" <wr.wittmer1@nospam_verizon.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > 5846d.1611$Xd2.1372@trndny01...
    > > I have been searching for a webcam that has a motion detector built in.
    > > have not had any luck. All that I have come across are the full fledged
    > > security cameras. The camera will be near the computer and therefore
    can
    > be
    > > wired via a USB connection. I plan to use is for security for my
    office.
    > > appreciate any suggetions that anyone may have.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Bill

Webcams Security Cameras Peripherals