GA-8i945GZME-RH can it be overclocked

n413121

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
Hi, I'm trying to purchase the above motherboard (its the only affordable one where I am :( :()

Only question I have is... can this be overclocked?

According to manual it does not have fsb settings in BIOS

checking internet i see some places say you can press CTRL+F1 to get those settings

pls can you guys tell me if this is correct or should I skip this motherboard

G

This board is based on the older 945 chipset. It also doesn't support officially the 1066Fsb of the Core 2 duo so I would not expect a lot of Ocing!

G

Review

Inside the Gigabyte GA-8I945GZME-RH motherboard BIOS there aren't that many options of special interest, or beyond the usual assortment of configuration tools. You can adjust the memory operating frequency between 200 and 266 MHz (DDR2-400 to DDR2-533), but there are no memory timing choices. There are no overclocking features in the Frequency/Voltage Control section.

In the Advanced Chipset Features section, the GA-8I945GZME-RH's BIOS allows you to choose between the integrated Intel GMA950 video running at all times, or disabling it when a standalone PCI Express x16 videocard is installed. At first I thought that the GA-8I945GZME-RH motherboard supported multiple display video outputs, but changing 'On-Chip VGA' to 'Always Enabled' just chews up memory, it doesn't allow for a second monitor to be attached to that VGA jack when a PCI Express videocard is also installed.

No Overclocking Support

Considering the intended market for this 945GZ Express based platform, it's not a big loss that there are no overclocking options available in the BIOS. There are some basic memory tweaks however. Anyhow, up next PCSTATS will be benchmarking this board with an Intel Core 2 Duo!

n413121

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
hi
thanks for your reply
I got the board.. ctrl f1 does not work :(
ah well... its no big deal.. im using the 820 so cant overclock it much.
maybe i will find a software that can overclock it
(Gb's own ones don't work)

i remember there were some softwares that could set the fsb etc independent of motherboard? can anyone tell me pls what those were?

also.. wouldnt mind underclocking the chip to run it cooler