Quickcam Express--Unknown device

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 29, 2004 1:19:00 PM

I have a problem installin Logitech Quickam express on Windows XP:when
installation proces promts me to put in cam into USB Windows doesnt
recognize cam and it is UNKown device !Software downloaded from Logitech
site,latest version,8.Could anyone help me ,pls????
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 2:27:12 AM

"A.G." <goursab@free.fr> wrote in message
>I have a problem installin Logitech Quickam express on Windows XP:when
>installation proces promts me to put in cam into USB Windows doesnt
>recognize cam and it is UNKown device !Software downloaded from Logitech
>site,latest version,8.Could anyone help me ,pls????

I have the same problem. Try using Windows Messenger or NetMeeting (or Yahoo
Messenger) or even Windows Movie Maker to see if your cam is recognised. I
get the feeling it's the Logitech software that's incompatible with Win XP.
I hope not! BTW....'I am looking for a copy of the 'old' Image Studio CD as
mine's is lost. Can you assist?
I tried the new V.8 software but don't like the look of it at all. Not that
it actually worked!
When you run the software, does it tell you the webcam is already in use by
another program?
Eos.
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 12:12:27 PM

"Eos" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrackets)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

> "A.G." <goursab@free.fr> wrote in message
>>I have a problem installin Logitech Quickam express on Windows XP:when
>>installation proces promts me to put in cam into USB Windows doesnt
>>recognize cam and it is UNKown device !Software downloaded from Logitech
>>site,latest version,8.Could anyone help me ,pls????
>>

> I have the same problem. Try using Windows Messenger or NetMeeting (or
> Yahoo Messenger) or even Windows Movie Maker to see if your cam is
> recognised. I get the feeling it's the Logitech software that's
> incompatible with Win XP. I hope not! BTW....'I am looking for a copy of
> the 'old' Image Studio CD as mine's is lost. Can you assist?
> I tried the new V.8 software but don't like the look of it at all. Not
> that it actually worked!
> When you run the software, does it tell you the webcam is already in use
> by another program?
> Eos.

No,when I plug in the cam devices manages just says that it have founded and
successfully installed UNKNOWN DEVICE,lol.I have old CD with Logitech
software but its only for win98....

!