A folder is appearing every time when the computer is turn..

Hi.

I have a user that is getting a little bit frustrated.

Every time he turns on his computer, running WindowsXP SP2, a specific
folder is being opened.

How can this be avoided?

Thank you in advance.

Dag N
5 answers Last reply
More about folder appearing time computer turn

    Hi,

    What specific folder? There are several causes of this problem, and the
    folder that is opened to often tells us which fix you should use.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > What specific folder? There are several causes of this problem, and the
    > folder that is opened to often tells us which fix you should use.

    I have the same problem, and the folder that keeps popping up is my
    documents.
    any help is greatly appreciated, i have exhausted my solutions.

    "Adam Pridham" <Adam Pridham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:14122F0D-1978-4263-BE2D-294AA626CB62@microsoft.com
    > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> What specific folder? There are several causes of this problem, and
    >> the folder that is opened to often tells us which fix you should use.
    >>

    > I have the same problem, and the folder that keeps popping up is my
    > documents.
    > any help is greatly appreciated, i have exhausted my solutions.

    Go to Kelly's site, click on M and scroll down to My Documents Folder -
    Opens Upon Boot:

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com
    Protect your PC

    "Frustrated" <skier@start.no> wrote:

    >Every time he turns on his computer, running WindowsXP SP2, a specific
    >folder is being opened.
    >
    >How can this be avoided?

    Check the startup settings for invalid entries. For details, see "How
    to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
    Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).
    Also read "System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP,
    Windows 2000, or Windows NT 4.0"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=170086).

    --
    (tm)

    Hi again.
    The folder that is being opned : C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan
    Client

    Dag N
    > Hi,
    >
    > What specific folder? There are several causes of this problem, and the
    > folder that is opened to often tells us which fix you should use.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Frustrated" <skier@start.no> wrote in message
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> I have a user that is getting a little bit frustrated.
    >>
    >> Every time he turns on his computer, running WindowsXP SP2, a specific
    >> folder is being opened.
    >>
    >> How can this be avoided?
    >>

    >> Thank you in advance.
    >>

    >> Dag N