A folder is appearing every time when the computer is turn..

January 6, 2005 1:21:28 PM

Hi.

I have a user that is getting a little bit frustrated.

Every time he turns on his computer, running WindowsXP SP2, a specific
folder is being opened.

How can this be avoided?

Thank you in advance.

Dag N
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:21:29 PM

Hi,

What specific folder? There are several causes of this problem, and the
folder that is opened to often tells us which fix you should use.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Frustrated" <skier@start.no> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I have a user that is getting a little bit frustrated.
>
> Every time he turns on his computer, running WindowsXP SP2, a specific
> folder is being opened.
>
> How can this be avoided?
>

> Thank you in advance.
>

> Dag N

Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:21:30 PM

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What specific folder? There are several causes of this problem, and the
> folder that is opened to often tells us which fix you should use.

I have the same problem, and the folder that keeps popping up is my
documents.
any help is greatly appreciated, i have exhausted my solutions.
January 6, 2005 5:24:17 PM

"Adam Pridham" <Adam Pridham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:14122F0D-1978-4263-BE2D-294AA626CB62@microsoft.com
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What specific folder? There are several causes of this problem, and
>> the folder that is opened to often tells us which fix you should use.
>>

> I have the same problem, and the folder that keeps popping up is my
> documents.
> any help is greatly appreciated, i have exhausted my solutions.

Go to Kelly's site, click on M and scroll down to My Documents Folder -
Opens Upon Boot:

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC
January 6, 2005 11:45:40 PM

"Frustrated" <skier@start.no> wrote:

>Every time he turns on his computer, running WindowsXP SP2, a specific
>folder is being opened.
>
>How can this be avoided?

Check the startup settings for invalid entries. For details, see "How
to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).
Also read "System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP,
Windows 2000, or Windows NT 4.0"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=170086).

--
(tm)
Anonymous

Hi again.
The folder that is being opned : C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan
Client

Dag N

!