Just built but DOA, not even a beep, please help

RU_469

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2006
Thanks for taking a peek at this. I hope someone can help me out.

My problem is that I get No video and no sound (i.e. the beeps when you go into the bios).

Here is what I have (All new)

P5B Deluxe wifi
E6600
BFG 7800 GT OC
Gskill 1gb x 2
WD Caviar SATA HD

Here is what I have done:

Assembled the parts, and plugged it in. The blue LED on board activates when plugged in (identifying the board is in sleep mode). When I turn the PC on the red LED activates and all 3 fans activate (Case fan, HS, fan on video card). Nothing else happens, it just sits there.

I've tried swapping out the memory, no help there, checked all the connections....

Now I need some advice/help.

Thanks in advance.

RU_469

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2006
Tried no RAM, nothing, same effect. The RAM is:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231087

I've confirmed this stuff works with the ASUS P5B Deluxe.

One weird thing I noticed is that the DVD player is not getting power, cant open it (its plugged in).

I've rechecked the seating of the CPU, looks good. Is there a certain # of fans that have to be plugged into the MB? I have the case fan attached to the PS because it is variable.

hrrmmmm......I love these problems. :(

crualtortus

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
lol you sure that you have the ram all the way in? i have the same exact motherboard and had the same problems. but i was stupid and didnt have the ram pushed all the way in even though i thought i did.

BustedSony

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
Thanks for taking a peek at this. I hope someone can help me out.

My problem is that I get No video and no sound (i.e. the beeps when you go into the bios).

Here is what I have (All new)

P5B Deluxe wifi
E6600
BFG 7800 GT OC
Gskill 1gb x 2
WD Caviar SATA HD

Here is what I have done:

Assembled the parts, and plugged it in. The blue LED on board activates when plugged in (identifying the board is in sleep mode). When I turn the PC on the red LED activates and all 3 fans activate (Case fan, HS, fan on video card). Nothing else happens, it just sits there.

I've tried swapping out the memory, no help there, checked all the connections....

Now I need some advice/help.

Thanks in advance.

You didn't mention the power supply. Is it an Antec? Antec supplies have problems with the P5B and P5W. When you say "turn on" do you mean the switch on the supply, or the front-panel button? If it's the rear switch that turns on the system straight away then it's DEFINITELY an Antec..

Otherwise as suggested it's ram. Plus make sure the four-pin connector for the CPU is attached to the socket near the CPU, and the six-pin connector to the video card.

RU_469

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2006
The PS is a 500W Ultra, should be sufficient.

I've tried the system with the Gskill memory, with some older pc4200 memory and with no memory. Even with no video card just to see if it goes to the BIOS.

No luck. By powering up I mean the power switch on the case.

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Sounds like it could be the cpu.Chek it in another board that supports it,even if you have to take it to a friends house.Goodluck.

Dahak

primary gaming rig
AMD X2-4400+@2.4 S-939
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7800GT CO IN SLI
2X1GIG DDR IN DC MODE
WD300GIG HD
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR 1280X1024
ACE 520WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120

secondary gaming rig
GYGABYTE MB AGP
AMD X2 3800+ S-939
2X512 DDR IN DC MODE
X1650PRO 512 AGP
17IN.MONITOR
MAXTOR 120GIG HD
450WATT PSU

BustedSony

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
The PS is a 500W Ultra, should be sufficient.

I've tried the system with the Gskill memory, with some older pc4200 memory and with no memory. Even with no video card just to see if it goes to the BIOS.

No luck. By powering up I mean the power switch on the case.

I ask again, did you plug in the four-pin connector for the CPU? There's the 20-pin ATX connector, the four-pin ATX connector which slides together with that to make 24 pins, and another, third, separate four-pin square plug for the CPU. That MUST be plugged onto the motherboard. One symptom of not pugging in that connector is that the DVDrom drawer doesn't open, since it needs the CPU to initialize..