HTC One: A Closer Look at the Hardware Industrial Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeemer

Distinguished
HTC make the highest quality Android phones I mean they always have. Now they need to market the heck out of it just like Samsung did with their cheap ugly Galaxy S3. HTC needs to do better than Samsung's gimmicks like "Design for Humans" and "Inspired by Nature" lol oh yeah "Hyper Glaze" "Nature UI" ETC!

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
I just can't believe its taken this long for other manufacturers to follow Apple's lead on designing quality. Think what you will of apple, they manufacture some beautiful devices ... and their competitors still love plastic.

redeemer

Distinguished
/\/\ the thing is Apple producst after light use get scuffed up pretty badly, Pocketnow has long-term use product reviews and the iPhone 5 shows wear and tear to easily especially on the machined edges. The HTC one X was the best built phone around, and HTC has topped that with the One.

alexthager

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]redeemer[/nom]/\/\ the thing is Apple producst after light use get scuffed up pretty badly, Pocketnow has long-term use product reviews and the iPhone 5 shows wear and tear to easily especially on the machined edges. The HTC one X was the best built phone around, and HTC has topped that with the One.[/citation]

I've always been a fan of the design of the iPhone. However, I will say, this phone looks outstanding. I loved the One X, but this device is incredible. The first Android phone I've truly adored. I hope HTC and other manufacturers continue putting out remarkable products like these.

redeemer

Distinguished
Apple knows that the iPhone 6 need to be all that and more, and I am sure they will pull it off in a big way. I do not think that the hardware specs in the S4 will be that big of a deal considering the Sony Xperia Z, Optimus G Pro, HTC One all packing. I think Samsung will take Touchwiz to the next level and intro new exciting tech in the way of software. The thing is in my opinion if you pay top dollar for a phone it should at least look the part!

nodeffect

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
If it's logo change to Apple, it would make a whole lots of differences and many people would keep start buying it. The design is awesome, the hardware is awesome.

Honestly, most HTC phones are awesome, and samsung is overrated with it's cheap plastic design phones and hardware wise, it doesn't really outperformed other phones in the market.

This shows how ignorant people are thses days. If it's Apple or Samsung, it must be a great phone.

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]kitsunestarwind[/nom]Such a nice phone why the hell did they have to ruin it by putting shitty Beats audio into it[/citation]

Actually, some phones have a built in headphone amp (like the DNA) that make a HUGE difference. So its not ruined in the slightest. If this has that, and a high quality DAC (right term?) this could be a music lovers best phone. Other than the no microsd though since to take advantage of the quality its nice to use FLAC

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]samwelaye[/nom]Actually, some phones have a built in headphone amp (like the DNA) that make a HUGE difference. So its not ruined in the slightest. If this has that, and a high quality DAC (right term?) this could be a music lovers best phone. Other than the no microsd though since to take advantage of the quality its nice to use FLAC[/citation]

DAC is the correct term, it stands for Digital-to-Analog Converter. However, signal amplifiers are used in concert with the DAC(s) so actual audio quality can be all over the place. At least Beats audio tends to be decent, at a minimum.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]deadlockedworld[/nom]I just can't believe its taken this long for other manufacturers to follow Apple's lead on designing quality. Think what you will of apple, they manufacture some beautiful devices ... and their competitors still love plastic.[/citation]

I can't believe Coca-Cola haven't sue Apple yet, they've made great 75 cents aluminum "device", haha.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]redeemer[/nom]HTC make the highest quality Android phones I mean they always have. Now they need to market the heck out of it just like Samsung did with their cheap ugly Galaxy S3. HTC needs to do better than Samsung's gimmicks like "Design for Humans" and "Inspired by Nature" lol oh yeah "Hyper Glaze" "Nature UI" ETC![/citation]

Of course you don't get it, Samsung phones are made for human, while their competitors are "Design for Sheeps" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.