MS Paint

I hope this is the right place to send this question to.
When I open paint to view a .bmp file and go to print
preview, my command buttons are all in Chinese!!
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to correct this back
to English?
Thanks in advance for any help given.
3 answers Last reply
More about paint

    This happens if the file MFC42LOC.DLL is present in the System32 folder. To resolve the problem, rename the file MFC42LOC.DLL present in the C:\Windows\System32 folder (for Windows 2000/XP systems) and C:\Windows\System (for Windows 9x systems)

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "renegede" <renegede@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:09c501c4f419$fffee0b0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    I hope this is the right place to send this question to.
    When I open paint to view a .bmp file and go to print
    preview, my command buttons are all in Chinese!!
    Does anyone have a suggestion on how to correct this back
    to English?
    Thanks in advance for any help given.

    Thanks for the suggestion.
    What is that file for?
    And will it affect anything else that I'm using?
    Thank you.

    Google will find your answer to most questions, just search
    for the term. 1,210 hits .

    | Thanks for the suggestion.
    | What is that file for?
    | And will it affect anything else that I'm using?
    | Thank you.

Microsoft Command Prompt Windows XP