Sign in with
Your question

My MOBO says it supports FSB 1066. What does this mean.

Last response: in Motherboards
December 7, 2006 8:05:24 AM

My MOBO says it supports FSB 1066. It is a jumper setting so I have not used it but when buying a new CPU or some more memory, should I look in to this further.

Whats also strange is that I POSTED a similar question and I have the email to prove it but it now doesn't exist. :? :?

Conspiracy Theories Abound (well in my head anyway!! :roll: :roll: )

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
NeilV

More about : mobo supports fsb 1066

December 7, 2006 8:33:52 AM

What mobo?
December 7, 2006 9:07:43 AM

could quite understand that question so i will answer the one in the title, i also could be more specific without more in.

right i assume its designed for an intel CPU, this assentialing means that it should in thoery take the brillint core 2 duo chip. find out if it is a p965 or 975 chipset, if it is one of these than you should be ok to upgrade, and trust me its worth it.
Related resources
December 7, 2006 9:42:58 AM

Quote:
could quite understand that question so i will answer the one in the title, i also could be more specific without more in.

right i assume its designed for an intel CPU, this assentialing means that it should in thoery take the brillint core 2 duo chip. find out if it is a p965 or 975 chipset, if it is one of these than you should be ok to upgrade, and trust me its worth it.

Hi Sorry I was a bit vague in the previous post. This is my MOBO;
http://www.asrock.com/product/P4%20Combo.htm

It
has a Socket478 which I am using @ present and LGA775
Supports FSB1066/800/533MHz Prescott/Northwood processor, Intel EM64T-enabled processors and H-T Technology
is Intel 04B/04A processors compatible
Supports DDR400 high performance memory

I have a Celeron 2.4 Ghz with a mixed bag of 256Mb PC2100 & 512Mb PC3200 memory but I will be getting 1Gb of PC3200 when I can afford it

The link above does give supported CPUs but I think for that MOBO it might be out of date.

I suppose the real question is why can I not see any supported CPUs which use 1066FSB or is this just for the Memory, in which case which memory uses it. :? :oops: 

Sorry it is so longwinded but I don't understand why they have included this in the spec.

Thanks in advance for your help :D 

NeilV :cry: 
December 7, 2006 11:23:27 AM

The FSB is only for memory, so you will be needing 1066/4=266MHz memory to take full advantage of it.
!