Help with Random System Restarts?

arlis_g

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
hi there can anyone tell me how i could possible narrow down the cause or fix this symptom:

for sometime now my computer has been known to restart in the middle of playing world of warcraft or even just browsing online etc.. i upgrade the ram from no name 512 to 1 gig ocz, ive upgraded the powersupply from 300W to ocz powerstream 450, ive replaced NB heatsink (fan stopped working), ive got 4-5 80mm fans sucking air in and pushing out; temperatures dont seem to be an issue cause i took the side right off to maximize air flow etc and it still does it.. its not everyday thing, only once every 2-3 days or so.. but its annoying.. the screen just turns black and boom windows has just restarted on the main boot screen..

any help would be much appreciated..

31computers

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
After setting up all your fans like that, you shouldn't leave the side off. That will distort the airflow through the case.

If you go into BIOS and disable Restart, then, when the PC stops, instead of automatically restarting, you will get a BSOD instead, and show info on why it shut down, or what was the likely cause.

Good Luck :)