Timelapse from webcam

I have the DCS-900W set up at home and can view it via the net. I'd
like to run software to grab an image every 60 seconds via the net.
Any software that can do that?

Mike

homewatcher can do that or you could just write a simple 60 sec image
refresh webpage on you hard drive to pull an image into a browser window
from http://url:port/image.jpg

On 6 Oct 2004 08:39:00 -0700, mike_p_weber@yahoo.com (Mike Weber)
wrote:

>I have the DCS-900W set up at home and can view it via the net. I'd
>like to run software to grab an image every 60 seconds via the net.
>Any software that can do that?
>
>Mike

I've got a page below that might be of use. If you can grab
individual frames from the cam, then you can save them and make a
time lapse .avi file from them if desired. It also has a simple
java pull setup for a contineous feed of frames.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm

The homewatcher software doesn't work and the dHTTP program doesn't work.

The site image I'm trying to grab has video.cgi as part of the url.

shb*NO*SPAM*@comporium.net (Si Ballenger) wrote in message news:<4164316c.928868091@news.comporium.net>...
> On 6 Oct 2004 08:39:00 -0700, mike_p_weber@yahoo.com (Mike Weber)
> wrote:
>
> >I have the DCS-900W set up at home and can view it via the net. I'd
> >like to run software to grab an image every 60 seconds via the net.
> >Any software that can do that?
> >
> >Mike
>
> I've got a page below that might be of use. If you can grab
> individual frames from the cam, then you can save them and make a
> time lapse .avi file from them if desired. It also has a simple
> java pull setup for a contineous feed of frames.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm

TrackerCam Software (free) has a capture/replay application. It lets
you capture at your own specified time intervals and also replay at
different speeds/intervals. Read the manual here:

http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/UserGuide/use12.html

Download page:

http://www.trackercam.com/download

"bumtracks" <justaposter@usenet.bud> wrote in message news:<sTU8d.11887$na.10859@trnddc04>...
> homewatcher can do that or you could just write a simple 60 sec image
> refresh webpage on you hard drive to pull an image into a browser window
> from http://url:port/image.jpg
>
> "Mike Weber" <mike_p_weber@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I have the DCS-900W set up at home and can view it via the net. I'd
> > like to run software to grab an image every 60 seconds via the net.
> > Any software that can do that?
> >
> > Mike

heh, I have three dcs-900 here mixed in with several other dlinks too.
video.cgi is not the format you want for frame grabs.... try image.jpg

> The homewatcher software doesn't work and the dHTTP program doesn't work.
>
> The site image I'm trying to grab has video.cgi as part of the url.
>
> shb*NO*SPAM*@comporium.net (Si Ballenger) wrote in message
> > On 6 Oct 2004 08:39:00 -0700, mike_p_weber@yahoo.com (Mike Weber)
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I have the DCS-900W set up at home and can view it via the net. I'd
> > >like to run software to grab an image every 60 seconds via the net.
> > >Any software that can do that?
> > >
> > >Mike
> >
> > I've got a page below that might be of use. If you can grab
> > individual frames from the cam, then you can save them and make a
> > time lapse .avi file from them if desired. It also has a simple
> > java pull setup for a contineous feed of frames.
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm

http://www.capturemax.com

Capturemax has a time-lapse video feature that lets you save frames remotely
as well as locally then you can later compile it into a time-lapse video, it
also allows you to pick and choose which frames to include and re-order them
if you so choose.

Mike Weber <mike_p_weber@yahoo.com> spewed:
> The homewatcher software doesn't work and the dHTTP program doesn't
> work.

Actually, if you go into the Device settings in Homewatcher, and specify URL
/ FILE as the source for your image - it will monitor another person's
webcam image and when it changes it will save it. I've never actually done
this, but in theory it should be able to save a time-lapse video of those
captured images just the same as it saves the time lapse video for the
images that it captures from a live local video source.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/webcam <---- my cam page, with
time-lapse video, created with Homewatcher.

--
The Toe Pages:
http://www.rubbertoe.com

Looks like the 'image.jpg' was the trick. I'm using WebCamWatcher
from www.webcam-watcher.com - I needed to enable authentication and
enter my ID and PW for the camera. Thanks for everyones help!!

Mike