CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
what are the clock speed,Front side Bus speed,Frequency of the processer and core

I'd say clock speed about tick tick tick, the Bus only speeds if Sandra Bullock is driving, the frequency of the processor is Quite Often and if you're lucky the Core is Hard.
:twisted:

Alyarbank

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
LMAO!
:lol:
He forgot the other details ;
If a train leaves Kentucky at 10:00 AM and travels at 70 MPH west....
what are the clock speed,Front side Bus speed,Frequency of the processer and core?

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
LMAO!
He forgot the other details ;
If a train leaves Kentucky at 10:00 AM and travels at 70 MPH west....
what are the clock speed,Front side Bus speed,Frequency of the processer and core?

Ah, now it's much clearer, thank you.

The answer is 42.

8)

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
#1 It's Processor

MSN Encarta disagrees.

ProcessEr

I think it's nuts as I would never spell it with an E but hey, who am I to argue with Bill Gates? :D

Well, that's your problem right there, TC. You're trusting Clippy. Didn't you get the memo? He is a Satanic device created to torture our souls before we go to singe on a rotisserie over OC'd Pentium Ds sans HSFs.

Well, I guess that Mr. Bill Gates' billions don't buy his company consistency. MS Word sez no, MSN Encarta sez yes.

Personally, I would never write processErs, but there ya go.

JMecc

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
I guess you mean what are those things in general?

Clock speed: How many times per second can the processor's parts (arithmetic & logic units ...) operate on sets of numbers. Each clock cycle, all the pipeline stages that have something to operate on do so. The job of good processor manufacturers and compilers is to make sure as many stages as possible are filled each cycle such as to minimize the number of cycles until a certain amount of work is done.

Front-Side Bus (FSB): The speed at which information can be relayed between the main memory (RAM) and the processor (CPU).

Frequency is the clock speed.

Core in these forums is usually referring to the design of the processor. A 2.4GHz Conroe (Intel Core2) is much better than a 2.4GHz Northwood (Intel P4) due to the different design of the processor - components are organized differently, there are different amounts of each type of unit, the pipeline stages are different...

Jo