Does anyone have a DCS-5300 and is it cool

Is there a link or page of links to cameras of certin types that we
could go to kind of get an idea of what they look like and how they
work.

Maybe not, but if someone has a DCS-5300 and wouldn't mind posting or
emailing me the link, i would like to see how the pan and zoom works
over the internet. i have a DCS 900, and want to set up a DCS-5300 in
my dads apt. but do not want to spend the time or money if it wont
work. He has a dsl account and a linksys router acting as the
hardware firewall. I used dynDNS.org for my dynamic services, which i
think it working fine.

Thanks
Rick
Jupiter, FL

BL

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004

On 6 Oct 2004 10:03:54 -0700, rick@dryerbox.com (Rick H) wrote:

>Is there a link or page of links to cameras of certin types that we
>could go to kind of get an idea of what they look like and how they
>work.
>
>Maybe not, but if someone has a DCS-5300 and wouldn't mind posting or
>emailing me the link, i would like to see how the pan and zoom works
>over the internet. i have a DCS 900, and want to set up a DCS-5300 in
>my dads apt. but do not want to spend the time or money if it wont
>work. He has a dsl account and a linksys router acting as the
>hardware firewall. I used dynDNS.org for my dynamic services, which i
>think it working fine.
>
>Thanks
>Rick
>Jupiter, FL

This camera DCS-5300 does not have a zoom lens - when the picture is
received there is a way of digital zooming on the received picture -
it is not very good.

review
http://www.nextgenelectronics.com/dcs5300.shtml