Your question

Hydor SELTZ L 45 II Water Pump Question

Tags:
  • Water Cooling
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
December 7, 2006 5:22:50 PM

Hydor SELTZ L 45 II Water Pump

Has anyone used this pump for their PC and if so how well did it preform? Also on the fittings section it says 5/8 ID is that 1/2 tube? I'm a newb when it comes to water cooling. Any help is greatly welcome.

More about : hydor seltz water pump question

December 7, 2006 5:43:52 PM

Ok since the pump is 5/8 ID I need a 5/8 ID to 1/2 ID Reducer correct?
December 7, 2006 5:46:43 PM

Also anyone happen to know any good VGA waterblocks that will fit the new 8800 Nvidia cards?
December 7, 2006 6:40:01 PM

Uh... I'd just recommend the Laing DD5 pump...
December 7, 2006 8:34:18 PM

That's the Swiftech MCP655 one right? I was thinking of Water cooling my CPU, VGA x2, My chipsets and ram. Which is why I was leaning towards the higher pressure one.
December 7, 2006 9:46:09 PM

Don't water cool the southbridge or memory.

Swiftech MCP655/Laing D5 will handle 2x GPU, CPU and northbridge if you decide to do so. I run mine on level 1 through an Apogee waterblock with custom flow inlet and 1/2" ID tubing. Level 5 pumps some serious water. It is also nice not having to remember to switch on the pump or setup a PSU relay to turn on the pump.
December 8, 2006 1:51:16 AM

I've read good things about that pump but I wasn't sure how much I need to push the setup I want to do. I'll post my setup in the morning if you guys could look it over for me that would be awesome.
December 8, 2006 2:31:57 PM

Ok as far as the setup I was thinking of doing and this is going to be a quick write up cause I'm about to head out the door so please excuse the sloppiest of the post please.

Pump: Hydor SELTZ L 45 II Water Pump (950 GPH) Or Swiftech MCP655™ 12v Water Pump w/ 3/8" Conversion Kit (317 GPH)
Radiator: Danger Den Black Ice GTX Xtreme 480 Radiator - Black
Reservoir: XSPC Passive 250mm Reservoir - BLACK
CPU WB: Swiftech STORM Extreme Performance Universal CPU Waterblock - Revision 2
VGA WB: Swiftech MCW60 VGA Water Block w/ MC14 BGA Ramsinks W/ the G80 adapter kit from SWiftech. Anyone happen to know if the swiftech MCW-Ramcool will fit on the G80's?
Chipset WB: Swiftech MCW30 SLI Chipset Water Block
Tubing: Tygon Anti-Kink 1/2" ID (5/8" OD) Tubing
I haven't really picked out what fluid I should use I had read that PrimoChill was good stuff. Let me know what you guys think please.
December 9, 2006 12:06:45 PM

Shameless bump
December 13, 2006 1:57:17 AM

I also vote the MCP655. I have it on level 5 and it works wonders, plus its completely silent.

e6300 @ 3.5ghz is 22C under load, and a 7950gt oc overclocked to 595/1576 runs at 33/34C load.
December 13, 2006 2:20:42 AM

What CPU block and rads are you using?
December 13, 2006 2:26:55 AM

Quote:
Ok as far as the setup I was thinking of doing and this is going to be a quick write up cause I'm about to head out the door so please excuse the sloppiest of the post please.

Pump: Hydor SELTZ L 45 II Water Pump (950 GPH) Or Swiftech MCP655™ 12v Water Pump w/ 3/8" Conversion Kit (317 GPH)
Radiator: Danger Den Black Ice GTX Xtreme 480 Radiator - Black
Reservoir: XSPC Passive 250mm Reservoir - BLACK
CPU WB: Swiftech STORM Extreme Performance Universal CPU Waterblock - Revision 2
VGA WB: Swiftech MCW60 VGA Water Block w/ MC14 BGA Ramsinks W/ the G80 adapter kit from SWiftech. Anyone happen to know if the swiftech MCW-Ramcool will fit on the G80's?
Chipset WB: Swiftech MCW30 SLI Chipset Water Block
Tubing: Tygon Anti-Kink 1/2" ID (5/8" OD) Tubing
I haven't really picked out what fluid I should use I had read that PrimoChill was good stuff. Let me know what you guys think please.

I like the Hydor better, the specs are simply better. Even tough I plan on going for a DDC-2 with a modded top from PetrasTechShop.com
Those rads are completely overkill and will get too noisy, go with a Thermochill PA120.3, theyre the best thing out there ATM.
That reservoir is just too fancy for what it claims to do. I would get a second pump with that money, much more performance.
There is still to see who takes the performance crown btw the Strom and the AquaXtreme MP-05 SP Limited Edition. The Strom has a gigantic crowd behind it of course but the past version of the MP-05 performed too close to it not to think that this 432 jet version couldnt outperform it.
The rest looks good.
December 13, 2006 9:27:23 AM

custom made block (milled and machined myself) and a mercedes heater core.
December 13, 2006 11:41:19 AM

Very interesting. What design did you use? Got pics? :D 
December 13, 2006 7:30:56 PM

@rwaritsdario

So you'd stick with the Hydor and replace the rad with the thermochill one what do you recommend for a reservoir? I love the way that one looks but if it's bad I don't want to take it. :-/

So you would add another pump? what for do you think the Hydor won't be able to push all these things? I had looked at Petrastech shop lots of nice stuff there.

What do you guys think about the Vigor Monsoon II? I've heard alot of good things about it.
December 13, 2006 7:31:23 PM

Oh and btw what do you guys think about Lapping?
December 13, 2006 11:43:39 PM

most blocks come lapped but lapping is definately a necesity.
December 14, 2006 2:13:14 AM

Actually I have come around a cheaper solution than adding another pump, the Iwaki WMD-20RLT. It is the best possible pump for could have for any water cooling system.
Just pick any vertical rad you are comfortable with, its only purpose would be easy bleeding and refilling.
December 14, 2006 11:13:41 AM

@rwaritsdario

Ok so TEC with air cooling sucks but what about TEC with water cooling? I don't mind the extra power drain if I can get really nice cooling. One of these days I'm going to go Phase change :-p just not anytime soon. Thanks for all the help so far Rwaritsdario.
December 15, 2006 1:54:13 AM

I designed the waterblock completely out of the blue, doesn't really follow any conventional designs. I call it the "whirlpool". I don't have any pics atm but I am sure to take some soon someday (soon as I have time, actually; christmas is hectic).
December 15, 2006 2:21:44 AM

The way I see it it always comes with diminishing returns, and having a temperature is something unacceptable to me. But I am no expert in the matter so dont make your final decision based on my advice.
December 15, 2006 2:22:51 AM

Quote:
(soon as I have time, actually; christmas is hectic).
Indeed it is. I will be looking forward to them :D 
August 30, 2011 7:20:13 PM

Stewartwi said:
Hydor SELTZ L 45 II Water Pump

Has anyone used this pump for their PC and if so how well did it preform? Also on the fittings section it says 5/8 ID is that 1/2 tube? I'm a newb when it comes to water cooling. Any help is greatly welcome.

don't buy this pump it is a piece of crap
a c 337 K Overclocking
September 1, 2011 9:07:29 PM

Moving this thread to the watercooling forum.
!