New free antispyware beta from microsoft!!!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

More about free antispyware beta microsoft
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Kenny S wrote:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

    Thanks, but old news here.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    It's important to note that 'beta' means that the software is pre-release
    quality, and likely to be quite buggy. Use at your own risk.

    --
    Mike Kolitz MCSE 2000
    MS-MVP - Windows Setup / Deployment

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I used GIANT Antispyware before Microsoft purchased GIANT...never had any
    problems. It's basically the same interface, only the name has changed.

    "Mike Kolitz" wrote:

    > It's important to note that 'beta' means that the software is pre-release
    > quality, and likely to be quite buggy. Use at your own risk.
    >
    > --
    > Mike Kolitz MCSE 2000
    > MS-MVP - Windows Setup / Deployment
    >

    > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Do you know where I can find the new beta antivirus from microsoft?

    "Randy" <rwmolitor_fake@charter.net> wrote in message
    > Kenny S wrote:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    >
    > Thanks, but old news here.

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Kenny,

    It will be available Tuesday of next week. Read all about it below:

    http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/01/06/microsoft.antivrus.ap/index.html

    "Kenny S" wrote:

    > Do you know where I can find the new beta antivirus from microsoft?
    >
    > "Randy" <rwmolitor_fake@charter.net> wrote in message
    > > Kenny S wrote:
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    > >
    > > Thanks, but old news here.

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    same interface....?? thats strange it looks just like something MS would
    make,....

    "Darrell" <Darrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I used GIANT Antispyware before Microsoft purchased GIANT...never had any
    > problems. It's basically the same interface, only the name has changed.
    >
    > "Mike Kolitz" wrote:
    >
    >> It's important to note that 'beta' means that the software is pre-release
    >> quality, and likely to be quite buggy. Use at your own risk.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Kolitz MCSE 2000
    >> MS-MVP - Windows Setup / Deployment
    >>

    >> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Kenny S wrote:
    > same interface....?? thats strange it looks just like something MS
    > would make,....

    MS does not really make a lot of stuff. Most of the products and services
    you have come to know MS for are actually stuff somebody else developed, and
    then MS bought and rebranded it. They started with QDOS, and I don't think
    they will stop with Giant AntiSpyware.
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    This is also true of companies like Lotus.. it is not just MS that do this..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    "André Gulliksen" <andre.gulliksen@start.no> wrote in message
    > Kenny S wrote:
    >> same interface....?? thats strange it looks just like something MS
    >> would make,....
    >
    > MS does not really make a lot of stuff. Most of the products and services
    > you have come to know MS for are actually stuff somebody else developed,
    > and then MS bought and rebranded it. They started with QDOS, and I don't
    > think they will stop with Giant AntiSpyware.

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    It is buggy. And it appears designed in. MS was ripped off by giant.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Mike Kolitz" <mikekol@idontlikespam.mvps.org> wrote in message news:uJwCjZF9EHA.3944@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > It's important to note that 'beta' means that the software is pre-release
    > quality, and likely to be quite buggy. Use at your own risk.
    >
    > --
    > Mike Kolitz MCSE 2000
    > MS-MVP - Windows Setup / Deployment
    >

    > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    > same interface....?? thats strange it looks just like something MS would
    > make,....

    It's got the XP colors (which I've turned off with classic mode),
    but it doesn't "feel" like a Microsoft program. Maybe just a
    personal thing.
  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    It feels like a MS consumer programer (encarta, Media Player).

    I don't like it.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Al Smith" <invalid@address.com> wrote in message news:2WzDd.205595$Np3.8650433@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
    >> same interface....?? thats strange it looks just like something MS would
    >> make,....
    >
    > It's got the XP colors (which I've turned off with classic mode),
    > but it doesn't "feel" like a Microsoft program. Maybe just a
    > personal thing.

Microsoft Windows XP