New free antispyware beta from microsoft!!!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

It's important to note that 'beta' means that the software is pre-release
quality, and likely to be quite buggy. Use at your own risk.

--
Mike Kolitz MCSE 2000
MS-MVP - Windows Setup / Deployment

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

Darrell

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I used GIANT Antispyware before Microsoft purchased GIANT...never had any
problems. It's basically the same interface, only the name has changed.

"Mike Kolitz" wrote:

> It's important to note that 'beta' means that the software is pre-release
> quality, and likely to be quite buggy. Use at your own risk.
>
> --
> Mike Kolitz MCSE 2000
> MS-MVP - Windows Setup / Deployment
>

> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

Darrell

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Kenny,

It will be available Tuesday of next week. Read all about it below:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/01/06/microsoft.antivrus.ap/index.html

"Kenny S" wrote:

> Do you know where I can find the new beta antivirus from microsoft?
>
> "Randy" <rwmolitor_fake@charter.net> wrote in message
> > Kenny S wrote:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
> >
> > Thanks, but old news here.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

same interface....?? thats strange it looks just like something MS would
make,....

Kenny S wrote:
> same interface....?? thats strange it looks just like something MS
> would make,....

MS does not really make a lot of stuff. Most of the products and services
you have come to know MS for are actually stuff somebody else developed, and
then MS bought and rebranded it. They started with QDOS, and I don't think
they will stop with Giant AntiSpyware.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

This is also true of companies like Lotus.. it is not just MS that do this..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

"André Gulliksen" <andre.gulliksen@start.no> wrote in message
> Kenny S wrote:
>> same interface....?? thats strange it looks just like something MS
>> would make,....
>
> MS does not really make a lot of stuff. Most of the products and services
> you have come to know MS for are actually stuff somebody else developed,
> and then MS bought and rebranded it. They started with QDOS, and I don't
> think they will stop with Giant AntiSpyware.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

It is buggy. And it appears designed in. MS was ripped off by giant.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Mike Kolitz" <mikekol@idontlikespam.mvps.org> wrote in message news:uJwCjZF9EHA.3944@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> It's important to note that 'beta' means that the software is pre-release
> quality, and likely to be quite buggy. Use at your own risk.
>
> --
> Mike Kolitz MCSE 2000
> MS-MVP - Windows Setup / Deployment
>

> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

> same interface....?? thats strange it looks just like something MS would
> make,....

It's got the XP colors (which I've turned off with classic mode),
but it doesn't "feel" like a Microsoft program. Maybe just a
personal thing.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

It feels like a MS consumer programer (encarta, Media Player).

I don't like it.

http://www.uscricket.com