• Yes.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lambofgode3x

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
allright, so i'm selling my 7950GX2 and upgrading to an 8800gtx or 8800gts. not sure which yet. i prefer the gtx obviously, but ive been doing some research and i cant seem to find anything on the 8800gtx fitting in an nzxt zero case. i know the gts will fit for sure though.

also, i'm getting rid of my force flex power supply and getting an antec NeoHE 550 modular to help with all the damn wires in my case and make everything neater.

so my question to all of you, does anybody have an nzxt zero and an 8800gtx? or if someone has found pictures of this done, knows for sure if the answer is yes or no, whatever. I'm stuck here and i need help.

G

You got the 7950 in there right now?

Add 2 inches and see, if it is possible, then the GTX will fit.
If the GX2 fits, the GTS will also fit.

I have to question the upgrade unless you are going with a step up or something

lambofgode3x

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
well, im upgrading now cuz the gx2 runs hot as hell. reaches about 100c in need for speed carbon, and it heats up everything else in the case, even with the 4 side fans. also, when amd releases "kuma" and "agena" cores, if they are on par with the intels, im going to upgrade to either a better dual core, or just go all out and buy quad core. if not, im going with intel.

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Just a side thought:

You may want to think about getting a little bigger PSU than 550. You don't have to go all out and get the 1kw or anything like people think the 8800's need, but with a Raptor, an X-Fi soundcard, 2 x 300gb and 2 gigs of memory, your system will draw a fair amount of power.

G

Then I recommand a Silverstone TJ-09 case. Made for hot cards =)
only 280$.

I am kidding, but I don't know if the video card will really be that much cooler...

lambofgode3x

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
Just a side thought:

You may want to think about getting a little bigger PSU than 550. You don't have to go all out and get the 1kw or anything like people think the 8800's need, but with a Raptor, an X-Fi soundcard, 2 x 300gb and 2 gigs of memory, your system will draw a fair amount of power.

for most of it, ive already done my research. i called evga and they guaranteed me that the gtx will run off of my thermaltake 250watt power express ( link ). only thing im wondering is about if the thing fits...i broke out the tape measure and all that, but theres places that say the board is 11 inches long, some say 10.5...

Is that the pcb or the whole card though?

lambofgode3x

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
its about 10.5, but people tend to round up

I would go for the gtx if you can afford it, but seriously, at this point, I would say you don't really need a gtx, but if you need it, wait until the r600 comes out, since that will be the better buy supposedly and if you are spending that much mula, better not anything top it for less :wink:

honestly, im an nvidia guy. always have been, always will be. for some reason, ive always liked nvidia more. i had one ati card, (i believe a radeon 9600 or something like that) and i hated it. not only that, but the guy that's buying my card is giving me the money soon, and i dont have to put in all that much to get the GTX, so why not go dx10 now?

Ah, wasn't aware of the GPU PSU you had. Good job on checking the specs BEFORE you bought stuff :) Now if only everyone else would...

i learned my lesson the hard way. back in the day when i built my first rig, i had an athlon xp 2600+, 512mb ddr 266, and i got a geforce 5700 ultra (thing was amazing for back in the day. played any game out at max graphics and it was liquid smooth. this was about mid to late in 03). well, turns out the case i bought wasnt exactly big enough to fit the 5700 ultra in it, so ever since then, i do my homework.