ahkiet

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
i Subscribed a broadband 1 m package. it's everything fine like before.
But just a few days before...my bt dl speed suddenly drop below (20 kb) normally can reach 90 - 100 kb.torrent no problem..plenty seeders. no nat problem. already portforward.(using a router) at 1st i thought my pc problem. but i format it and reset the router. problem still occur. the bt speed just bloody not going up. ( 1 or 2 kb per second now) every torrent i try also like that. Now i become very frustrated and dunno what else could i do. Web browsing is normal. DL from ftp and http like normal can reach 90-100 kb per second just the damn bt is not going up.

haihz....someone..please help.... thanks in advance though for reading my thread or rather self-complaint.

vasanx

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2004
since you port forwarded, my best guess here is that you might have your software Firewall on. Zone Alarm being obvious and the not so obvious being Windows' very own firewall.

happened to me. disabling the physical router (i mean opening a dedicated port for your BT client) and to leave the software firewall ON kinda beats the purpose doesn't it? (assuming that this is the case).

Firewalls and BT don't mix, period.

Tell me i'm wrong and i'd love to ponder what else could be choking u.

ahkiet

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
well...i have turned off windows firewall and it's own nvidia firewall...the result doesn't change. After doing all these...nth improved...so now i highly doubt that;s my my router problem.Even i format pc still the same. Any comment?
when running bt it shows that that no nat problem...port succesfullly established (tcp and udp). plenty peers connected but the weird thing is only 1 kb or 2 kb trasnfer. Another weird thing is my upload speed 0 kbps! it seem something blocking my transfer but what will it be? i disable all software firewall..portforward..and what it left is the router... at 1st same setting in the router bt speed normal but speed drop ridiculously with the same setting too..i even reset the router to factory default and apply the same setting like before. that's what weird i say.

ahkiet

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
I'm using ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe which has 2 gigabit ethernet port.At 1st i'm using thet 1st port which normal then result slow speed now using another port result still the same.SO, i dun think it's the network problem. i mean the lan