Finished my build. Some post-build Q's

Bluebard

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
Okay. I got my first ever build done yesterday. The happiest moment was turning it on seeing no smoke/sparks! Anyway, I've got Windows installed and am posting using the system.

After the install, I used the CD that came with my motherboard to install a couple of drivers. These made the internet and sound work. I had to install some drivers for my graphics card as well.

Everything seems to be in order. My question is if anyone had any recommendations on what to do next? I got my anti virus, Adaware on here. I guess I'll get the Windows updates. Should I get any other utilities? SiSoftware Sandra was a nice one. Is Motherboard Monitor a good one?

Thanks.

AMDThunder

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2006
Glad you're up and running! Always a good thing when things work like they're supposed to!

Can't remember, but were you going to OC? If not, can't think of any other software you'd need. Unless you were wanting to do some benchmarks or something, but that's not my area. :)

Congrats again!

Bluebard

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
I don't play enough games to even bother overclocking. I just wondered if there were any "must have" utilities for someone who games occasionally.

I just got out of a UT2004 game. I could not BELIEVE how much faster things were and how many more frames there were. I saw visuals I never saw before like lines on the U-damage and such.

TRENDING THREADS