PB

My computer crashed and was fixed by a local computer guy, I added xp2 and
now when i tried to re enter my product code it wont except it. I called
Microsoft and they said they would give me a new code but they were out of
them , try back in 48hrs I have done this 3 times and I get the same answer
has this happened to any one else and does any one know how to fix this

pb wrote:
> My computer crashed and was fixed by a local computer guy, I added xp2 and
> now when i tried to re enter my product code it wont except it. I called
> Microsoft and they said they would give me a new code but they were out of
> them , try back in 48hrs I have done this 3 times and I get the same answer
> has this happened to any one else and does any one know how to fix this

Well first of all find a new "computer guy". He should never have
returned the system without making sure everything was updated. SP2
shouldn't be asking for any code it should just install. Did you change
any hardware?

gls858

PB

no all the disc's he had were the ones that came with my computer the dell
people told me that the code on the side of my computer was the one I needed

pb wrote:
> no all the disc's he had were the ones that came with my computer the dell
> people told me that the code on the side of my computer was the one I needed

Not for Word, it isn't. The Word Product Key will be on the Word CD's
packaging. The Product Key on the side of the computer is the one for
WinXP, and the OS could not have been installed at all if it had not worked.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

pb wrote:
> no all the disc's he had were the ones that came with my computer the dell
> people told me that the code on the side of my computer was the one I needed
>
> "gls858" wrote:
>

>>pb wrote:
>>
>>>My computer crashed and was fixed by a local computer guy, I added xp2 and
>>>now when i tried to re enter my product code it wont except it. I called
>>>Microsoft and they said they would give me a new code but they were out of
>>>them , try back in 48hrs I have done this 3 times and I get the same answer
>>>has this happened to any one else and does any one know how to fix this
>>
>>Well first of all find a new "computer guy". He should never have
>>returned the system without making sure everything was updated. SP2
>>shouldn't be asking for any code it should just install. Did you change
>>any hardware?
>>
>>gls858

Ooops mis-read your post. I thought when you added SP2 it asked for
a product key.