Does 975X support SLI?

I know that Intel 975X supports CrossFire and ATI hardware, but i also heard that nVidia will make it possible to have SLI on a 975X board.

So on a board like the X975XBX2, will i be able to have SLI as well as CrossFire?
8 answers Last reply
More about does 975x support
  1. So tell me what part of Crossfire supported you dont understand?

    I dont mean to be too harsh but to me its just a very very stupid question.
    If it supports SLI it would say SLI supported, ATI and nvidia are two very different things assuming you know ATI or Nvidia at all which i dont think you do...
  2. No; you need an Nvidia Nforce motherboard. If anyone tells you it's possible with "hacked drivers", yeah it works if you don't mind unsupported and outdated drivers. (No Geforce 8 series driver to my knowledge)
  3. Quote:
    I know that Intel 975X supports CrossFire and ATI hardware, but i also heard that nVidia will make it possible to have SLI on a 975X board.

    So on a board like the X975XBX2, will i be able to have SLI as well as CrossFire?


    No. Just Crossfire.
  4. That thing everyones talking about
    They wont work with Quad and DX10, but forceware drivers for them will come eventually.
  5. Quote:
    No; you need an Nvidia Nforce motherboard. If anyone tells you it's possible with "hacked drivers", yeah it works if you don't mind unsupported and outdated drivers. (No Geforce 8 series driver to my knowledge)


    JUST nForce?
  6. The 975X is designed to support SLI. 975X supports SLI but SLI drivers do not support 975X.

    nVidia wrote their drivers to block SLI on anything except nVidia chipsets. They later introduced a driver mod that allowed SLI on ULi chipsets, after nVidia bought ULi.

    Some people have hacked the ULi driver mod to allow use of the 975X chipset. nVidia may eventually "relent" and unlock the driver themselves, now that they're getting cozy with Intel.
  7. Quote:
    The 975X is designed to support SLI. 975X supports SLI but SLI drivers do not support 975X.

    Oh, then that is why the hacked drivers perform better on X975 than on P965. Besides the second slot being only x4 of course.
  8. But ATI also blocks CrossFire from anything that isnt Intel, or at least from nForce.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Support SLI Crossfire