HungLo

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
When I'm overclocking my PCI express buses should I run them at a speed that matches my graphics cards bus bandwidth? That is, if I had a 7900gt I would set my bus speed to 256mhz or more specifically in my case with 2x7600gts would I set my buses at 128mhz? Or does that matter? Kind of a noob question but what the hell?

G

I can pretty much confirm...

nVidia got a feature called linkboost that OC the Ht PCIe and maybe the HT connection too, been shown not to improve the performance. I wouldn't bother and simply run it at default speed.

HungLo

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
Speaking of stabilty. When I overclock this evga mobo (I'm currently @ 9x multiplier for a 3.3gig clock speed) , my logitech mouse acts a bit buggy from time to time. Like if I move it accross the screen it pushes a button and I didn't push nothing??? Should I try lowering my voltages again? What part of my mobo would control this issue?

HungLo

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
I tried like you guys said and bumped up the volts! Didn't work... Thanks, butlater that night found the answer @ EVGA. I was using the PS/ 2 inputs on the back of my mainboard for mouse and keyboard so since switching to USB it hasn't been a problem?!?