Logon w/o clicking

Hi. I only have 1 user account on my Windows, this one, and no password.
Until now, I've been able to switch my PC on, and have it boot straight to
the desktop. It didn't stop at the logon screen b/c there was only one
account, w/ no password. After running Windows Update, and installing some
updates, it now stops at the logon screen and waits for me to click my
account icon.

Is there a way to change it back so that I don't have to? I prefer to have
it boot straight to the desktop, since I'm the only person using this PC.

Thanks!!
Chris

Go to Start, Run, type "Control Userpasswords2"
Uncheck "Users must enter a username and password to use
this computer."
Reboot

Hi Chris,

Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
click ok. Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok
and follow the prompts to set up a default logon.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Static_C" <StaticC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I only have 1 user account on my Windows, this one, and no password.
> Until now, I've been able to switch my PC on, and have it boot straight to
> the desktop. It didn't stop at the logon screen b/c there was only one
> account, w/ no password. After running Windows Update, and installing
> some
> updates, it now stops at the logon screen and waits for me to click my
> account icon.
>
> Is there a way to change it back so that I don't have to? I prefer to
> have
> it boot straight to the desktop, since I'm the only person using this PC.
>
> Thanks!!
> Chris

Thanks guys! Worked like a charm. :)

Chris

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
> click ok. Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok
> and follow the prompts to set up a default logon.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Static_C" <StaticC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. I only have 1 user account on my Windows, this one, and no password.
> > Until now, I've been able to switch my PC on, and have it boot straight to
> > the desktop. It didn't stop at the logon screen b/c there was only one
> > account, w/ no password. After running Windows Update, and installing
> > some
> > updates, it now stops at the logon screen and waits for me to click my
> > account icon.
> >
> > Is there a way to change it back so that I don't have to? I prefer to
> > have
> > it boot straight to the desktop, since I'm the only person using this PC.
> >
> > Thanks!!
> > Chris

Try

control userpasswords2

and turn off the Users must enter a user name... checkbox.

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 01:29:02 -0800, "Static_C"