IP Camera as a MSN webcam ?

Hi all,

I just bought a Sony network camera and I am just wondering if there
is a way (software ?) to use it for MSN webcam chat ?

Thanks for reading !

DarkskyZ
4 answers Last reply
More about camera webcam

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:16:16 +0200, DarkskyZ wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I just bought a Sony network camera and I am just wondering if there
    >is a way (software ?) to use it for MSN webcam chat ?

    How are we supposed to know the reference name of your Sony camera ?

    >How are we supposed to know the reference name of your Sony camera ?

    Well it is a Sony SNC-VL10P.

    DarkskyZ

    \

    > Well it is a Sony SNC-VL10P.

    If that one has the Composite video output: BNC and you wire it to a dazzle
    or composite video adapter on your computer you then should be able to
    select that dazzle/or? driver in MSN Messenger.

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:59:11 GMT, "bumtracks" <posted@usenet.bud>
    wrote:

    >\
    >>
    >> Well it is a Sony SNC-VL10P.
    >
    >If that one has the Composite video output: BNC and you wire it to a dazzle
    >or composite video adapter on your computer you then should be able to
    >select that dazzle/or? driver in MSN Messenger.

    I yet thought about that but I was thinking of maybe a software
    solution to get the network stream into MSN. I have spent some money
    in the camera so I would like to avoid spending more in a Dazzle like
    item.

    Thanks,

    DarkskyZ

Webcams IP Camera MSN Peripherals