zip file of original C&C missions wanted

Pedro

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer,alt.games.command-n-conq,alt.games.ea.westwood.command-n-conq (More info?)

Hi there... can anyone tell me please where I can download a zip file of
the missions for the original (DOS) Command and Conquer games? This is
so that I can play any mission without having play them in sequence.
Also can I use this for the Win95 version as well? Thanx,

--
rgds,

Pete.
-----
http://pedro.spyw.com
'to continue press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!'

http://www.planetcnc.com/files/main/index.asp?category=tiberiandawn&section=savedgames

"Raymond Martineau" <bk039@freenet.carleton.ca> wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:45:15 +1000, pedro <pedro@nowhere.com> wrote:
>

> >Hi there... can anyone tell me please where I can download a zip file of
> >the missions for the original (DOS) Command and Conquer games? This is
> >so that I can play any mission without having play them in sequence.
> >Also can I use this for the Win95 version as well? Thanx,

http://www.planetcnc.com/files/main/index.asp?category=tiberiandawn&section=savedgames

the original (DOS) games do not work with the Win95 (aka Gold version).

--
Fight Win Prevail
But Never Cheat

Raymond Martineau wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:45:15 +1000, pedro <pedro@nowhere.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi there... can anyone tell me please where I can download a zip file of
>>the missions for the original (DOS) Command and Conquer games? This is
>>so that I can play any mission without having play them in sequence.
>>Also can I use this for the Win95 version as well? Thanx,
>>

>http://www.planetcnc.com/files/main/index.asp?category=tiberiandawn&section=savedgames

Thanks!

--
rgds,

Pete.
-----
http://pedro.spyw.com
'Hell was full, so I came back!'

TCipollina wrote:

>"Raymond Martineau" <bk039@freenet.carleton.ca> wrote in message
>

>>On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:45:15 +1000, pedro <pedro@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi there... can anyone tell me please where I can download a zip file of
>>>the missions for the original (DOS) Command and Conquer games? This is
>>>so that I can play any mission without having play them in sequence.
>>>Also can I use this for the Win95 version as well? Thanx,
>>>

>http://www.planetcnc.com/files/main/index.asp?category=tiberiandawn&section=savedgames
>

>the original (DOS) games do not work with the Win95 (aka Gold version).

Fortunately that link has both zip file versions of the missions, as I
have both the DOS and Win95 games.

--
rgds,

Pete.
-----
http://pedro.spyw.com
'My wife ran away with my best friend.. I sure miss him!'

"pedro" <pedro@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> TCipollina wrote:
>
> >"Raymond Martineau" <bk039@freenet.carleton.ca> wrote in message

>http://www.planetcnc.com/files/main/index.asp?category=tiberiandawn&section
=savedgames

> >the original (DOS) games do not work with the Win95 (aka Gold version).
> >

> Fortunately that link has both zip file versions of the missions, as I
> have both the DOS and Win95 games.

cool
if u have 2 computers, you can play side by side
--

TCipollina wrote:

>"pedro" <pedro@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>

>>TCipollina wrote:
>>

>>>"Raymond Martineau" <bk039@freenet.carleton.ca> wrote in message

>of

>>http://www.planetcnc.com/files/main/index.asp?category=tiberiandawn&section
>>

>=savedgames
>

>>>the original (DOS) games do not work with the Win95 (aka Gold version).
>>>

>>Fortunately that link has both zip file versions of the missions, as I
>>have both the DOS and Win95 games.
>>

>cool
>if u have 2 computers, you can play side by side

It's been soooo long since I played, that I've forgotten a lot of the
missions. I used to know them all- and the covert ops as well! I've been
playing AOK, and the graphics are great, but there's nothing like the
original and the best! I love the sounds of C&C, and much prefer a game
with tanks and modern weapons, than with warriors on horseback and bows
and arrows! I remember your name from way back as something of an expert
on the game. Would you happen to know if there is any info on the
missions- like giving a description of each one- that I can refer to to
refresh my memory? I seem to remember that someone wrote a very
comprehensive FAQ once. I don't want to know strategy, just what the
missions are. Thanks,

--
rgds,

Pete.
-----
http://pedro.spyw.com
'I'm not 30 something! I'm $29.95, plus shipping and handling'

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer,alt.games.command-n-conq,alt.games.ea.westwood.command-n-conq (More info?)

I would say http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/list_c.html is your best
bet

> TCipollina wrote:
>
> >"pedro" <pedro@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> >of

>>http://www.planetcnc.com/files/main/index.asp?category=tiberiandawn&sectio
> >>

> >=savedgames

> >>Fortunately that link has both zip file versions of the missions, as I
> >>have both the DOS and Win95 games.
> >>

> >cool
> >if u have 2 computers, you can play side by side
> >

> It's been soooo long since I played, that I've forgotten a lot of the
> missions. I used to know them all- and the covert ops as well! I've been
> playing AOK, and the graphics are great, but there's nothing like the
> original and the best! I love the sounds of C&C, and much prefer a game
> with tanks and modern weapons, than with warriors on horseback and bows
> and arrows! I remember your name from way back as something of an expert
> on the game. Would you happen to know if there is any info on the
> missions- like giving a description of each one- that I can refer to to
> refresh my memory? I seem to remember that someone wrote a very
> comprehensive FAQ once. I don't want to know strategy, just what the
> missions are. Thanks,
>

> --
> rgds,
>
> Pete.
> -----
> http://pedro.spyw.com
> 'I'm not 30 something! I'm $29.95, plus shipping and handling'

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer,alt.games.command-n-conq,alt.games.ea.westwood.command-n-conq (More info?)

"pedro" <pedro@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> TCipollina wrote:

<<lots o snips>>

> >cool
> >if u have 2 computers, you can play side by side
> >

> It's been soooo long since I played, that I've forgotten a lot of the
> missions. I used to know them all- and the covert ops as well! I've been
> playing AOK, and the graphics are great, but there's nothing like the
> original and the best! I love the sounds of C&C, and much prefer a game
> with tanks and modern weapons, than with warriors on horseback and bows
> and arrows! I remember your name from way back as something of an expert
> on the game. Would you happen to know if there is any info on the
> missions- like giving a description of each one- that I can refer to to
> refresh my memory? I seem to remember that someone wrote a very
> comprehensive FAQ once. I don't want to know strategy, just what the
> missions are. Thanks,

Woo Woo (Max of the Road Warriors)

"I got a present for ya"

I got Roger Wong's FAQ, the one you spoke of, in a zip file. 108 KB
it also included is my Maps.txt and my personal tips file.

the maps file shows all playable arrows (Woo, find missions you didnt know
existed!!! More C&C)
and a very brief description. ie:

level 8: two maps, both completely different mission objectives. SCG08ea
(left arrow) and SCG08eb (right arrow).
level 9: two arrows, but both to one map. SCG09ea.

the tips file talks about how to start with more money at some levels. not a
cheat but a built in feature of the game.

I also have a list of the mission objectives. ie:
[SCG11EA]
"Intelligence operative, code-name Delphi, has info on Kane and a new
bio-research laboratory. After landing on the beach here in Corinth
move north to make contact with him. Nod will attempt to stop you.
You must reach Delphi!"

I also have about 40 walkthrus of my own. fun reading. i can send you that
zip if you like, too (43 KB). ie:

"GDI level 11, Greece, SCG11ea (only one arrow).."Storming the Beach at
Normandy"
mission : Save Delphi
this is one of my favorites. after dying an awful death half a dozen times,
victory was sweet. also, just read as much as you need to get a start, and
come back if you get stuck. the below is the full story.... some people
suggest you continue east, but there are NOD scouts there, plus a flametank
to give you a warm welcome. Woosh, Ahhhh!"

I also have walkthrus for the harder Covert Ops.

Also, have you played the Dinosaur missions? No? WOW more C&C.

Also, there are single mission and multi mission packs out there (all in
individual zips). I have about 30 for DOS, ad 16 for Gold (win95). WOO
more C&C

Need i say, i got it all. woo woo. Max build me some arty.
all i need is your permission (some people's email accounts has a size
limit) and an email address

--
Fight Win Prevail
But Never Cheat

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer,alt.games.command-n-conq,alt.games.ea.westwood.command-n-conq (More info?)

looks like a good site
got Roger Wong's FAX, v 7.01
and got stuff for all C&C

--
Fight Win Prevail
But Never Cheat
"Blue Wezza" <blue-wezza@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I would say http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/list_c.html is your
best
> bet
>
> "pedro" <pedro@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > TCipollina wrote:
> >
> > >"pedro" <pedro@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> > >of

> is
> > >>>>>

>>http://www.planetcnc.com/files/main/index.asp?category=tiberiandawn&sectio
> > >>

> > >=savedgames

> > >cool
> > >if u have 2 computers, you can play side by side
> > >

> > It's been soooo long since I played, that I've forgotten a lot of the
> > missions. I used to know them all- and the covert ops as well! I've been
> > playing AOK, and the graphics are great, but there's nothing like the
> > original and the best! I love the sounds of C&C, and much prefer a game
> > with tanks and modern weapons, than with warriors on horseback and bows
> > and arrows! I remember your name from way back as something of an expert
> > on the game. Would you happen to know if there is any info on the
> > missions- like giving a description of each one- that I can refer to to
> > refresh my memory? I seem to remember that someone wrote a very
> > comprehensive FAQ once. I don't want to know strategy, just what the
> > missions are. Thanks,
> >

> > --
> > rgds,
> >
> > Pete.
> > -----
> > http://pedro.spyw.com
> > 'I'm not 30 something! I'm $29.95, plus shipping and handling'

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer,alt.games.command-n-conq,alt.games.ea.westwood.command-n-conq (More info?)

I should have mentioned, email me direct, dont put your email on here

--
Fight Win Prevail
But Never Cheat

TCipollina wrote:
> [...]
> Normandy"
> mission : Save Delphi
> this is one of my favorites. after dying an awful death half a dozen times,
> victory was sweet. also, just read as much as you need to get a start, and
> come back if you get stuck. the below is the full story.... some people
> suggest you continue east, but there are NOD scouts there, plus a flametank
> to give you a warm welcome. Woosh, Ahhhh!"
>
> I also have walkthrus for the harder Covert Ops.
>
> Also, have you played the Dinosaur missions? No? WOW more C&C.
>
> Also, there are single mission and multi mission packs out there (all in
> individual zips). I have about 30 for DOS, ad 16 for Gold (win95). WOO
> more C&C
>
> Need i say, i got it all. woo woo. Max build me some arty.
> all i need is your permission (some people's email accounts has a size

Hey man! You're the greatest!! Gimme whatever you got baby! (email link
is on my web page in the sig below)

I just played Greece! I go east and set up near the tiberium fields on
the east side. Then the first thing I do (after power station,
harvester, and barracks) is sandbag vertically from the lower rock wall
to the upper rock wall- virtually dividing the map in half. This stops
me from any attacks. If your quick enough, you'll only get a few bazooka
guys going after your harvester, and they can easily be taken out with
some grenadiers, if they don't summarily dispatch themselves beforehand
by wandering around in the tiberium. Then there's only the flame tank
guarding the bridge, and that can wait until you've got some tanks to
take care of it. Then you just build up your forces at leisure, free
from attack. Then sandbag across to the tiberium fields in the west, and
onto the NOD base to wall it off, and you are home and hosed.

--
rgds,

Pete.
-----
http://pedro.spyw.com
'Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell
happened'

"pedro" <pedro@not_here.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> is on my web page in the sig below)
>
> I just played Greece! I go east and set up near the tiberium fields on
> the east side. Then the first thing I do (after power station,
> harvester, and barracks) is sandbag vertically from the lower rock wall
> to the upper rock wall- virtually dividing the map in half. This stops
> me from any attacks. If your quick enough, you'll only get a few bazooka
> guys going after your harvester, and they can easily be taken out with
> some grenadiers, if they don't summarily dispatch themselves beforehand
> by wandering around in the tiberium. Then there's only the flame tank
> guarding the bridge, and that can wait until you've got some tanks to
> take care of it. Then you just build up your forces at leisure, free
> from attack. Then sandbag across to the tiberium fields in the west, and
> onto the NOD base to wall it off, and you are home and hosed.

woo woo
but try it without the sandbags.
i will include my walkthru for that level

--
Fight Win Prevail
But Never Cheat

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer,alt.games.command-n-conq,alt.games.ea.westwood.command-n-conq (More info?)

"pedro" <pedro@not_here.com> wrote in message
> TCipollina wrote:
> > "pedro" <pedro@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>TCipollina wrote:
> >>

> > <<lots o snips>>

By the way, have u played Tiberium Sun/firestorm?

So, is it 'winter' down under?

and are we "up over" to you?
--
Fight Win Prevail
But Never Cheat

> "pedro" <pedro@not_here.com> wrote in message
> > TCipollina wrote:
> > > "pedro" <pedro@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> > > <<lots o snips>>
>
> By the way, have u played Tiberium Sun/firestorm?
>
> So, is it 'winter' down under?
>
> and are we "up over" to you?
> --
> Fight Win Prevail