Samsung Announces March 14 Unveiling For Galaxy S4

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hmm... my birthday is in May. I think I know what i'm getting. Honestly can't wait for this bad boy to come out been waiting patiently for it's release.

curiosul

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]HTC One.Galaxy S4.Motorola X.And the others like SONY, LG, etc.Man, can't wait. It's awesome to have choices.[/citation]

you mean to tell me that a company (or the government or someone else) making the choices for you is not the best thing?
but taking decisions is sooooo hard! ain't nobody got time for that!

/sarcasm

[citation][nom]redeemer[/nom]I just hope Samsung does away with the cheap shiny plastics and AMOLED![/citation]

Why do you want them to do away with AMOLED? It's one of the nicest screen technologies in existence at the moment, and one of the main reasons I'm likely to get an S4.

G

Waiting on the Galaxy Note 3 later this year, will be a monster and the S4's bigger brother.

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
The question is more which AMOLED you compare to which LCD screen. And it's probably also got a lot to do with personal opinion. In my eyes the Super AMOLED in the S3 is very clearly ahead of Super LCD used in the iPhone 5. Also in daylight conditions although both technologies have difficulties with that condition.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]Waiting on the Galaxy Note 3 later this year, will be a monster and the S4's bigger brother.[/citation]
For it is time. Samsung is upon us.

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]punahou1[/nom]What exactly would be the benefit of an 8 core phone? I thought developers were still struggling to utilize 4 cores on a pc...[/citation]

It's actually 2 quad cores. One for performance, one for power savings. They can be used at the same time, but that isn't really point.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]rooseveltdon[/nom]Wait for the S5 it will be out n 6 months[/citation]

No way... I don't think anything can top this S4. Samsung rulez. I'm spooging in my pants thinking about it. Apple might as well shut their doors down.

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]punahou1[/nom]What exactly would be the benefit of an 8 core phone? I thought developers were still struggling to utilize 4 cores on a pc...[/citation]
What?!?! Don't you know more is always better??? Some android fan you are.

saying the proc as a 8 core is a bit misleading i think because it does not work like muti core cpu we use to know. nvidia T3/4 are 4+1 but they still called it as quad core. also i heard this suppose 8 core from samsung might not make it into S4 because of power consumption and heat issue suggesting they might turn for qualcomm for their S4.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
DPI doesn't mean a whole lot in today's higher end phones. I prefer the Note2 display over the S3 or the iphone 5. The iphone lacks color and contrast ratio. The note 2 has 20 times the contrast ratio. ( feel free to use google to look it up) The note 2 has the lowest dpi out of the 3 phones. Yet I prefer the note2's display. Before taking delivery of the phone, I totally expected the display to be not as good as the iphone or S3. Non pentile makes a big difference. I also have perfect vision and can't see pixels on my phone.

To the people putting down Amoled...... tell someone that in a few years when plasma and lcd go the way of rear projection and crt in favor of Amoled. I guess Amoled will be great once Apple patents and then invents a amoled screen

At Apple's present rate they should be patenting Amoled tech within about 3 years.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]DPI says different..lol[/citation]
Your laughing at someone with a samsung and you have an iphone, that's ironic. We are not talking coke vs pepsi here. We are talking Gretzky vs Claude Lemeuix. The iphone is not really in the same league as the top Android phones. It is not so much the hardware ( although it is still behind) as it is the OS. ios needs to try to become relevent again. Apple broke down and copied a few nice features from Android.... notification bar for one. It would be nice if they came up with anything new..... rows of icons was not anything new when the iphone came out.

I have to show some people at work how to use their new phones. It is totally painful using and iphone 5 after using a note 2. Our office is now 75% Android much like the rest of the world.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]STravis[/nom]OMG - I can't wait. Samsung are so awesome.[/citation]

Seriously, who is the tool that gave that post of mine a thumbs up?

Status
Not open for further replies.