Huawei Announces World's Fastest Smartphone, Ascend P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Someone should load a smartphone into a missile's warhead and launch it from an F-22 at full burn and put all this "mine's the fastest" crap to rest. Anyone can claim this title pretty much every month in the cell market.

If your going to claim "mines the fastest!" At least give us something exciting to watch on how you prove it.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]bombebomb[/nom]Worlds fastest phone with 1GB of ram.[/citation]
Exactly. Why a mid-to-high-end device in 2013 with only 1GB of RAM. What the heck?

What is a "K3V2" anyway? In what way, shape or form, is this going to be the "fastest" phone (it's an A9 core BTW, NOT A15)? It made by HiSilicon (http://www.hisilicon.com/products/digital.html) some sort of China brand. It the ONLY smartphone chip they do. The rest of their gear is all security and surveillance related stuff. And to think I got thumbed down for my earlier comment...

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]nitrium[/nom]What is a "K3V2" anyway? In what way, shape or form, is this going to be the "fastest" phone (it's an A9 core BTW, NOT A15)? It made by HiSilicon (http://www.hisilicon.com/products/digital.html) some sort of China brand. It the ONLY smartphone chip they do. The rest of their gear is all security and surveillance related stuff. And to think I got thumbed down for my earlier comment...[/citation]
You are exactly correct! Some people are dumb, let them be dumb in their own ignorance.

mcknully

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
The headline is very misleading, so is the statement made by Huawei because what they mean is the fastest phone in terms of surfspeed. It's the only smartphone with 4G/LTE Cat4.
In other words, the only phone able to reach theoretical speed of 150 Mbit/s.

G

[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Exactly. Why a mid-to-high-end device in 2013 with only 1GB of RAM. What the heck?[/citation]

How many of you even use that much ram though? You'd have to have well over 10 apps actively running to use up that much memory.

faster23rd

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
[citation][nom]nitrium[/nom]But it a Huawei, so it will in all likelihood be monitoring all your txts and phone calls and sending them back to mainland China.[/citation]

Why all the thumbs down? Huawei is, like another Chinese corporation, ZTE, is wholly state-owned and China isn't exactly friendly right now. The country just keeps things civil so it can do business. I wouldn't be surprised when Chinese products have compromised security since they fucked up my country's national broadcasting grid.

halcyon

Splendid
How many of you even use that much ram though? You'd have to have well over 10 apps actively running to use up that much memory.
Perhaps it's just me but my Note 2 ALWAYS uses more than a GB of RAM. It could be my launcher and Avast...who knows, but its there. ...and when I clean out the RAM it may go down to 600-700MB but it climbs right back over 1GB in no time.

L0tus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
[citation][nom]faster23rd[/nom]Why all the thumbs down? Huawei is, like another Chinese corporation, ZTE, is wholly state-owned and China isn't exactly friendly right now. The country just keeps things civil so it can do business. I wouldn't be surprised when Chinese products have compromised security since they fucked up my country's national broadcasting grid.[/citation]True. There might be some security concerns. But until there is tangible evidence of that, it's rather lazy and prejudicial to assume that any Chinese-owned firm automatically siphons info to their Government.

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
[citation][nom]athulajp[/nom]How many of you even use that much ram though? You'd have to have well over 10 apps actively running to use up that much memory.[/citation]

Why would anyone buy world's fastest phone for such a lite usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.