Your question
Closed

I can't believe I've been forced to post-horrible browsing experience

Tags:
  • Website Opinions
  • Tom's Hardware
Last response: in Forum Feedback
December 29, 2010 2:11:21 PM

I've been a religious Tom's reader for years.......I've put up with these popup ads for a while now thinking that a better revenue stream might be implemented.

I've literally have never had a worse browsing experience in my entire life on a legitimate website. On almost every page click I get a whole page popup? Are you serious? This is just ridiculous. You are ruining everyones experience.

People should not have to install anything additional to view a website and not be bothered by ads that actually cover the entire screen. I can deal with little ads on the side frames, but whole page ads are way overboard.

If this continues you will lose me and I'm sure many many more readers. Figure it out, there has to be a better and less intrusive way to handle generating money for your site. No other site this popular has such an egregious way of doing business.

More about : forced post horrible browsing experience

December 30, 2010 12:33:08 PM

AdBlock Plus.

GO GO GO! :pt1cable: 
December 30, 2010 1:03:00 PM

None of our ads should be doing what you are describing and this sounds like a malfunction. Which ad or ads are doing this to you?
December 30, 2010 5:21:03 PM

jpishgar said:
None of our ads should be doing what you are describing and this sounds like a malfunction. Which ad or ads are doing this to you?

Ads might behave that way on a small screen netbook, Joe.
January 1, 2011 10:44:59 PM

this was posted on the day ads were taking over tom's..problem gas been fixed since then. thank you tom's!
January 3, 2011 12:27:23 PM

Not a problem! Sometimes a bad one sneaks into the network every now and then. If ever this happens again, please let me know. Thanks for the heads-up!