one handed password protection

March 11, 2005 11:28:10 PM

May seem a strange request but I am the owner of an i-mate Jam smartphone.
One thing that irks me is having to get the stylus out to tap in numbers to
unlock the device.

Are there any recommended password progs for PPC which are based on button
presses of some kind? I'm sure I've seen references to them.

TIA for any advice

LouisB
------
"I'm a half-wit. I sold the other half on e-Bay"
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 11:28:11 PM

I do remember one posted a year or so ago that was a "region tap"
approach... i.e. you pressed portions of the screen in sequence.

Only suggestion is to google for POCKETPC PASSWORD SOFTWARE

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 4:27:28 PM

Take a look at

1-Pass from Omega-One Software
SafeGuard PDA from Utimaco Safeware

"LouisB" <louisREMOVEberkREMOVE2002@hotmail.REMOVEcom> wrote in message
> May seem a strange request but I am the owner of an i-mate Jam smartphone.
> One thing that irks me is having to get the stylus out to tap in numbers
> to unlock the device.
>
> Are there any recommended password progs for PPC which are based on button
> presses of some kind? I'm sure I've seen references to them.
>
> TIA for any advice
>
> LouisB
> ------
> "I'm a half-wit. I sold the other half on e-Bay"

March 16, 2005 4:27:29 PM

In message <OqKSmshKFHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, "Andrew H"
<ajhpms@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Take a look at
>
> 1-Pass from Omega-One Software
> SafeGuard PDA from Utimaco Safeware
>

> "LouisB" <louisREMOVEberkREMOVE2002@hotmail.REMOVEcom> wrote in message
> > May seem a strange request but I am the owner of an i-mate Jam smartphone.
> > One thing that irks me is having to get the stylus out to tap in numbers
> > to unlock the device.
> >
> > Are there any recommended password progs for PPC which are based on button
> > presses of some kind? I'm sure I've seen references to them.
> >
> > TIA for any advice
> >
> > LouisB
> > ------
> > "I'm a half-wit. I sold the other half on e-Bay"

========

Another option might be NiceStart, by Trancreative. Don't know if there's
a phone version, though.

Rocky
!