HELP - Send/Receive E-mail Problem after Norton (NIS 2005)..

Two weeks ago I installed Norton Internet Security 2005. Everything worked
great, including my e-mail. After the Norton Live Update on Wednesday, I can
no longer download and send e-mail. I am on Windows XP and use Outlook 2002
for e-mail. The e-mail is on a POP3 server (access is needed to ports 465
and 995). Outlook was set in Norton Internet Security Programs Control with
'Automatic' Internet Access and 'Multiple' for Category. I have also tried
'Permit All." If I turn off the firewall, I am able to download and send
e-mail. The error I am getting is ""Sending and Receiving' reported error
(0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the
receiving (POP) server"

Please help!
2 answers Last reply
More about help send receive mail problem norton 2005

    Here's an article I found that should help you do what
    you want:
    http://tinyurl.com/6pcqc

    Thank you for the idea... I gave it a try, but to no avail. Trying to do
    anything with respect to Outlook resulted in major hart burn and often NIS
    2005 hanging. Outlook was set in Norton Internet Security Programs Control
    with 'Automatic' Internet Access and 'Multiple' for Category. I tried
    'Permit All' and then removing it from Programs Control. Interesting enough
    it did not show up in the scan attempt. I tried to add it, but it hung
    again. I then reluctantly uninstalled and reinstalled NIS 2005, went
    through 33 MG of Live Updates and am now up and running. I did find one
    workaround of making the IP a trusted site, but did not really want the
    security hole. I heard a lot of good things about NIS 2005 and PC Magazine
    rated it very high. I have only had it two weeks and boom. In working
    the issue today, it also ended up hanging number of times when I was trying
    to make simple changes in the various options. It would be interesting if
    others are having similar challenges or if this was just a fluke.

    Thank you for your help and advice!

    "Abel Diaz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Here's an article I found that should help you do what
    > you want:
    > http://tinyurl.com/6pcqc

Norton Internet Security Email Windows XP