HELP - Send/Receive E-mail Problem after Norton (NIS 2005)..

Two weeks ago I installed Norton Internet Security 2005. Everything worked
great, including my e-mail. After the Norton Live Update on Wednesday, I can
no longer download and send e-mail. I am on Windows XP and use Outlook 2002
for e-mail. The e-mail is on a POP3 server (access is needed to ports 465
and 995). Outlook was set in Norton Internet Security Programs Control with
'Automatic' Internet Access and 'Multiple' for Category. I have also tried
'Permit All." If I turn off the firewall, I am able to download and send
e-mail. The error I am getting is ""Sending and Receiving' reported error
(0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the
receiving (POP) server"

Please help!

Here's an article I found that should help you do what
you want:
http://tinyurl.com/6pcqc

Thank you for the idea... I gave it a try, but to no avail. Trying to do
anything with respect to Outlook resulted in major hart burn and often NIS
2005 hanging. Outlook was set in Norton Internet Security Programs Control
with 'Automatic' Internet Access and 'Multiple' for Category. I tried
'Permit All' and then removing it from Programs Control. Interesting enough
it did not show up in the scan attempt. I tried to add it, but it hung
again. I then reluctantly uninstalled and reinstalled NIS 2005, went
through 33 MG of Live Updates and am now up and running. I did find one
workaround of making the IP a trusted site, but did not really want the
security hole. I heard a lot of good things about NIS 2005 and PC Magazine
rated it very high. I have only had it two weeks and boom. In working
the issue today, it also ended up hanging number of times when I was trying
to make simple changes in the various options. It would be interesting if
others are having similar challenges or if this was just a fluke.

Thank you for your help and advice!