Closed

Webcam surveillance programs supporting multiple cameras

Hello,

We are looking for a low cost (<$100) software that will allow
multiple webcams to be attached to a PC and be able to monitor them
all on a single screen, or at the very least be able to switch views
on the fly. It would be nice to have the capability to email the
picture (based on an event such as motion detection or other alert) to
an email address or even better a cell phone. I have seen some
software programs like Video Site Monitor but they only email an alert
and not an image that triggered the alert. Any suggestions most
appreciated.

Mike McWhinney
6 answers Last reply
More about webcam surveillance programs supporting multiple cameras

    i would suggest using a dvr card for this which can house up to 16 cameras..
    but 4 is the normal amount....the cameras that work with these cards are any
    that have a composite out....

    i think 100 dollars is a little low for what yu need....

    http://quavis.fcpages.com/easywebcam.html this site shows my cameras in
    use....

    i have software that captures the image from the desktop and uploads to my
    site or emails me the image.. you can also have it send the image to a wap
    site for viewing on a mobile fone...

    http://www.uk-software.com/ this is where the capture software comes from..

    the cameras and dvr card were bought from ebay for around 20 uk pounds for
    the card and same for each camera ( all wireless)

    good luck hope this helped

    the slayer

    "Mike McWhinney" <eljainc@ameritech.net> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > We are looking for a low cost (<$100) software that will allow
    > multiple webcams to be attached to a PC and be able to monitor them
    > all on a single screen, or at the very least be able to switch views
    > on the fly. It would be nice to have the capability to email the
    > picture (based on an event such as motion detection or other alert) to
    > an email address or even better a cell phone. I have seen some
    > software programs like Video Site Monitor but they only email an alert
    > and not an image that triggered the alert. Any suggestions most
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Mike McWhinney

    "Mike McWhinney" <eljainc@ameritech.net> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > We are looking for a low cost (<$100) software that will allow
    > multiple webcams to be attached to a PC and be able to monitor them
    > all on a single screen, or at the very least be able to switch views
    > on the fly. It would be nice to have the capability to email the
    > picture (based on an event such as motion detection or other alert) to
    > an email address or even better a cell phone. I have seen some
    > software programs like Video Site Monitor but they only email an alert
    > and not an image that triggered the alert. Any suggestions most
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Mike McWhinney

    Take a look at the free, unlimited, Basic version of
    HomeSentinel at http://bobday.vze.com

    -- Bob Day

    CamPanel will do all this. It is $49.99

    http://www.trackercam.com/campanel

    eljainc@ameritech.net (Mike McWhinney) wrote in message news:<2aff3eb5.0410261544.20f5e66f@posting.google.com>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > We are looking for a low cost (<$100) software that will allow
    > multiple webcams to be attached to a PC and be able to monitor them
    > all on a single screen, or at the very least be able to switch views
    > on the fly. It would be nice to have the capability to email the
    > picture (based on an event such as motion detection or other alert) to
    > an email address or even better a cell phone. I have seen some
    > software programs like Video Site Monitor but they only email an alert
    > and not an image that triggered the alert. Any suggestions most
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Mike McWhinney

    > Take a look at the free, unlimited, Basic version of
    > HomeSentinel at http://bobday.vze.com
    >
    > -- Bob Day

    I looked at that program..it was okay, but didn't seem to work well. I
    did find a VERY good webcam program. Active Webcam from Py software:

    http://www.pysoft.com/ActiveWebCamMainpage.htm

    This is by far the best one I've found. So many functions for a small
    price.

    Mike
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    http://www.xstudio.ca/pcsupport/internet/webcamtools.html

    "Mike McWhinney" <eljainc@ameritech.net> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > We are looking for a low cost (<$100) software that will allow
    > multiple webcams to be attached to a PC and be able to monitor them
    > all on a single screen, or at the very least be able to switch views
    > on the fly. It would be nice to have the capability to email the
    > picture (based on an event such as motion detection or other alert) to
    > an email address or even better a cell phone. I have seen some
    > software programs like Video Site Monitor but they only email an alert
    > and not an image that triggered the alert. Any suggestions most
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Mike McWhinney
  6. Hello this is alex from Puerto Rico <imagenarts1@gmail.com>

    the program you are looking for is "i-Catcher" look for it on the web youl find a demo that wil help you deside

Webcams Email Software Peripherals Product