Closed

Webcam surveillance programs supporting multiple cameras

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 26, 2004 8:44:39 PM

Hello,

We are looking for a low cost (<$100) software that will allow
multiple webcams to be attached to a PC and be able to monitor them
all on a single screen, or at the very least be able to switch views
on the fly. It would be nice to have the capability to email the
picture (based on an event such as motion detection or other alert) to
an email address or even better a cell phone. I have seen some
software programs like Video Site Monitor but they only email an alert
and not an image that triggered the alert. Any suggestions most
appreciated.

Mike McWhinney
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 9:28:25 AM

i would suggest using a dvr card for this which can house up to 16 cameras..
but 4 is the normal amount....the cameras that work with these cards are any
that have a composite out....

i think 100 dollars is a little low for what yu need....

http://quavis.fcpages.com/easywebcam.html this site shows my cameras in
use....

i have software that captures the image from the desktop and uploads to my
site or emails me the image.. you can also have it send the image to a wap
site for viewing on a mobile fone...

http://www.uk-software.com/ this is where the capture software comes from..

the cameras and dvr card were bought from ebay for around 20 uk pounds for
the card and same for each camera ( all wireless)

good luck hope this helped

the slayer

"Mike McWhinney" <eljainc@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We are looking for a low cost (<$100) software that will allow
> multiple webcams to be attached to a PC and be able to monitor them
> all on a single screen, or at the very least be able to switch views
> on the fly. It would be nice to have the capability to email the
> picture (based on an event such as motion detection or other alert) to
> an email address or even better a cell phone. I have seen some
> software programs like Video Site Monitor but they only email an alert
> and not an image that triggered the alert. Any suggestions most
> appreciated.
>
> Mike McWhinney
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 4:06:48 PM

"Mike McWhinney" <eljainc@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We are looking for a low cost (<$100) software that will allow
> multiple webcams to be attached to a PC and be able to monitor them
> all on a single screen, or at the very least be able to switch views
> on the fly. It would be nice to have the capability to email the
> picture (based on an event such as motion detection or other alert) to
> an email address or even better a cell phone. I have seen some
> software programs like Video Site Monitor but they only email an alert
> and not an image that triggered the alert. Any suggestions most
> appreciated.
>
> Mike McWhinney

Take a look at the free, unlimited, Basic version of
HomeSentinel at http://bobday.vze.com

-- Bob Day
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 9:57:03 PM

CamPanel will do all this. It is $49.99

http://www.trackercam.com/campanel

eljainc@ameritech.net (Mike McWhinney) wrote in message news:<2aff3eb5.0410261544.20f5e66f@posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
>
> We are looking for a low cost (<$100) software that will allow
> multiple webcams to be attached to a PC and be able to monitor them
> all on a single screen, or at the very least be able to switch views
> on the fly. It would be nice to have the capability to email the
> picture (based on an event such as motion detection or other alert) to
> an email address or even better a cell phone. I have seen some
> software programs like Video Site Monitor but they only email an alert
> and not an image that triggered the alert. Any suggestions most
> appreciated.
>
> Mike McWhinney
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 1:15:11 AM

> Take a look at the free, unlimited, Basic version of
> HomeSentinel at http://bobday.vze.com
>
> -- Bob Day

I looked at that program..it was okay, but didn't seem to work well. I
did find a VERY good webcam program. Active Webcam from Py software:

http://www.pysoft.com/ActiveWebCamMainpage.htm

This is by far the best one I've found. So many functions for a small
price.

Mike
October 29, 2004 3:12:57 AM

http://www.xstudio.ca/pcsupport/internet/webcamtools.ht...

"Mike McWhinney" <eljainc@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We are looking for a low cost (<$100) software that will allow
> multiple webcams to be attached to a PC and be able to monitor them
> all on a single screen, or at the very least be able to switch views
> on the fly. It would be nice to have the capability to email the
> picture (based on an event such as motion detection or other alert) to
> an email address or even better a cell phone. I have seen some
> software programs like Video Site Monitor but they only email an alert
> and not an image that triggered the alert. Any suggestions most
> appreciated.
>
> Mike McWhinney
February 20, 2010 10:09:06 PM

Hello this is alex from Puerto Rico <imagenarts1@gmail.com>

the program you are looking for is "i-Catcher" look for it on the web youl find a demo that wil help you deside
!