SD Card - Radio FM Receiver

March 12, 2005 1:38:55 PM

Does anyone know if these are available?

I have seen a CF card that has a radio receiver built in, but does anyone
know one that goes in the SD / SDIO slot?
Thanks

More about : card radio receiver

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 1:38:56 PM

why would you want to bother? For about $5, you can get a radio (probably AM
& FM) that runs for many hours on penlight cells, while you use your
pocketpc for something else! Why spend the $25 or so for the radio card????

And before you jump on me for my post, understand that I LOVE gadgets, but
even for me there are times when you just have to step back and ask WHY!
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 12:43:51 AM

"Frank Furter" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message
> why would you want to bother? For about $5, you can get a radio (probably
> AM
> & FM) that runs for many hours on penlight cells, while you use your
> pocketpc for something else! Why spend the $25 or so for the radio
> card????
>
> And before you jump on me for my post, understand that I LOVE gadgets, but
> even for me there are times when you just have to step back and ask WHY!

You can never have too many gadgets!
March 13, 2005 12:43:52 AM

Actually an SD one exists, but for whatever reason Ibiz (the guys who make
the CF one too) haven't ever done PPC software for it.
http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=3709&...

I've never been excited by these because they don't use the PPC sound
system. They have their own audio section, and earphone jack. They just use
the PPC for UI and power.

--
Sven
MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"James Bell" <bellj@telstra.com> wrote in message

> "Frank Furter" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> why would you want to bother? For about $5, you can get a radio (probably
>> AM
>> & FM) that runs for many hours on penlight cells, while you use your
>> pocketpc for something else! Why spend the $25 or so for the radio
>> card????
>>
>> And before you jump on me for my post, understand that I LOVE gadgets,
>> but
>> even for me there are times when you just have to step back and ask WHY!
>>

> You can never have too many gadgets!

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 12:43:52 AM

"James Bell" <bellj@telstra.com> wrote in message

| "Frank Furter" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message
| > why would you want to bother? For about $5, you can get a radio
(probably
| > AM
| > & FM) that runs for many hours on penlight cells, while you use
your
| > pocketpc for something else! Why spend the $25 or so for the radio
| > card????
| >
| > And before you jump on me for my post, understand that I LOVE
gadgets, but
| > even for me there are times when you just have to step back and ask
WHY!

| You can never have too many gadgets!

So why the old fashioned FM? DAB radio is the latest gadgety type of
radio.
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 7:24:00 PM

> | You can never have too many gadgets!
> |

> So why the old fashioned FM? DAB radio is the latest gadgety type of
> radio.

Well if one exists, I'd look into it..
!