LG Electronics Buying webOS From HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
yeah the multi tasking ability of my HP touchpad is amazing, just a shame i have to dual boot android because webOS doesnt have the apps available to it. TBH i think webOS is better than android, if i had access to the apps on android without dual booting then i would never load up android on it

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]irish_adam[/nom]yeah the multi tasking ability of my HP touchpad is amazing, just a shame i have to dual boot android because webOS doesnt have the apps available to it. TBH i think webOS is better than android, if i had access to the apps on android without dual booting then i would never load up android on it[/citation]

I have the same setup...but don't think webOS is as good as android...4.0+

When the touchpad came out I think Android 3.0 was just released...so almost everything out there was on 2.3 or so. At *that time* WebOS was superior to those Android versions.

Android has just come a long way in under two years...while WebOS remained stagnant.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]COLGeek[/nom]Why buy WebOS and not go with a more robust Linux distro?[/citation]

They want something that is somewhat mature in the mobile space and have complete IP control

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Good points, but I don't see WebOS making a dent in the mobile market because of the existing competition (Android, iOS, etc). Still IP control, given the new business model of success through litigation for copyright/patent infringement, is certainly highly desirable.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
I'm guessing that they only paid $100,000 for webOS. This sadly reminds me of Amiga back in the 90s. Every time it changed hands it got worse and worse and every company died afterwards. The commodore curse.

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
I just love the way webOS runs and is laid out. I only bought a TouchPad for cheap to use it to watch some videos at a part time job as a convenience store clerk I had. But the OS itself I found really great to use, would have loved to have seen more apps for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.