First build went well except...

Did my first complete build today and am quite pleased as it all seems to be working. Only mistake was I partitioned my hard drive and somehow managed to install Windows XP in the wrong partition (the large one not the small one I had made for that purpose).

Is there any way to move Windows XP or reparation the drive without doing a complete reinstallation?

Thank you.
5 answers Last reply
More about first build except
  1. I would use Partition Magic, but if you haven't got it, just start all over again. Its the easiest thing in the long run :)
  2. "start, settings, control panel, administrative tools, computer management, disk management....take it from there
  3. Take it from there?!? You got to be kidding?

There is no way to move Windows effectively and completely problem-free to another partition so IMO it is best thing to reinstall.
  4. Thank you for the suggestions - even though they are all different! :D

How many times can you reinstall the same copy of XP without getting it activated?
  5. i think all u need to do is just resize your partitions, make the big one smaller:-)
    yes u can use partition magic to do it but the u need pay for the software which is absolutely not worthing!

try GNOME partition, its FREE just like other linux tools.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Build Windows XP Systems