Sign in with
Your question

network issues with frontpage plz help

Tags:
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
May 3, 2006 10:55:37 PM

we are having issues at my office reguarding our network/website/login authentication. there is NOT a main server hosting the website..the site is not broadcast through the internet but rather used only on the local intranet. all of the computers in the office log into the network when they are booted up, they do this w/o a problem. however the website is a live update security site, which each employee must enter a username and password in order to make any security changes...this too all works w/o a problem. the problem we are having is that on all of workstations that employees monitor the live updates on, we very frequently recieve a popup asking for a login/password. it is asking for a login/password to log into the computer hosting the website. the weird thing is, the host computer is not set up to authenticate any usernames or passwords this way. there is seperate programming through a symax program that does all this. the box that pops up is essentially useless, if you hit cancel or simply close the box out you can move along as normal and make changes as needed by entering your info when correctly prompted. the main annoyance is that this popup login box halts live updates until you close it out, so if someone glances away a second they could miss a crucial update when this box pops up....if anyone knows of this issues, or has any idea what i am talking about please help me figure out how to do away with this annoying box.

thank you in advance

More about : network issues frontpage plz

May 5, 2006 8:33:41 PM

do you use iis to host the site?
if so i think you can check the Internet Information Services then rightclick on Web Sites and select Properties, then go to Directory security, then hit Anonymous access and authentication control and check the settings there.

I don't know if the solution can be found there though i remember once having similar problems and i solved them by changing the settings there..

i hope this helps!
!