Lost City of Geraptiku

It's open!

The Deserted Tomb is probably another game, but one that doesn't show up on
the highscore board. Once a day, maybe.

I got lost for two days, living off of fungus and rain water and then came
to a room I had not seen before; there was a monster and it chased me, I
finally remembered the way out (hit the button, of course).

So now I get "Weren't you here earlier? Don't you think you've had enough
excitement for one day?
Try again tomorrow... if you really want to take the risk again."

daramark

Oh! the location! It's on Mystery Island and here's the url

http://www.neopets.com/worlds/index_geraptiku.phtml

sorry!

"daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> It's open!
>
> The Deserted Tomb is probably another game, but one that doesn't show up
> on the highscore board. Once a day, maybe.
>
> I got lost for two days, living off of fungus and rain water and then came
> to a room I had not seen before; there was a monster and it chased me, I
> finally remembered the way out (hit the button, of course).
>
> So now I get "Weren't you here earlier? Don't you think you've had enough
> excitement for one day?
> Try again tomorrow... if you really want to take the risk again."
>
> daramark

Before anyone else asks LOL.
Its on Mystery Island
http://www.neopets.com/worlds/index_geraptiku.phtml

You gaze into the darkness beyond the opening and can barely make out a path
leading inside. It quickly disappears, giving you no clue as to what may be
in store for you if you enter. Without you realizing, your knees begin to
shake and your hands begin to tremble. Riches may be waiting for you just
beyond this door, but you have a very, very bad feeling about this place.
You yell out in dissapointment. This room is the treasure chamber you've
been looking for but you discover that someone has gotten to the treasure
before you. You could devote the rest of your life to finding this person
and writing them a stern letter, but you have to get out of here first.
It takes another 3 days, but I make it out alive.

"bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
> Before anyone else asks LOL.
> Its on Mystery Island
> http://www.neopets.com/worlds/index_geraptiku.phtml
>

> You gaze into the darkness beyond the opening and can barely make out a
> path leading inside. It quickly disappears, giving you no clue as to what
> may be in store for you if you enter. Without you realizing, your knees
> begin to shake and your hands begin to tremble. Riches may be waiting for
> you just beyond this door, but you have a very, very bad feeling about
> this place.
> You yell out in dissapointment. This room is the treasure chamber you've
> been looking for but you discover that someone has gotten to the treasure
> before you. You could devote the rest of your life to finding this person
> and writing them a stern letter, but you have to get out of here first.
> It takes another 3 days, but I make it out alive.
>

> "daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> It's open!
>>
>> The Deserted Tomb is probably another game, but one that doesn't show up
>> on the highscore board. Once a day, maybe.
>>
>> I got lost for two days, living off of fungus and rain water and then
>> came to a room I had not seen before; there was a monster and it chased
>> me, I finally remembered the way out (hit the button, of course).
>>
>> So now I get "Weren't you here earlier? Don't you think you've had
>> enough excitement for one day?
>> Try again tomorrow... if you really want to take the risk again."

Some people already have the avatar. It must be one of those "random" ones.
<starts to count to ten>

Finalhit and the Items sites don't have the items from the Tomb yet, but
people are selling them. How do they know how much to ask for?

daramark

Thanks!

I played twice, once for each daughter. The first one ran away from a
monster, and the second got her active pet injured in a cool Indiana
Jones type trap.

Even when nothing happens, at least it's a little more interesting than
the Snowager.

Got a traditional bone throne this time. Took me three days to get out
dragging that chair behind me the whole way.

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, daramark wrote:
> Finalhit and the Items sites don't have the items from the Tomb yet, but
> people are selling them. How do they know how much to ask for?

Same way as for any other new item: they pull a number out of their butt
based on how many others of that same item they happen to notice around,
with a small nod towards the rarity listed in the description if it's
anything other than 101.

--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They
never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our

Brian Anderson wrote:
> Got a traditional bone throne this time. Took me three days to get out
> dragging that chair behind me the whole way.
LOL that must have been heavy. Strange it took me 3 days too but
emptyhanded. I guess it is my luck: I almost never get anything from the
fruit machine neither.

Henny

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

any1 [someone@somewhere.net] said
> Brian Anderson wrote:
> > Got a traditional bone throne this time. Took me three days to get out
> > dragging that chair behind me the whole way.
> LOL that must have been heavy. Strange it took me 3 days too but
> emptyhanded. I guess it is my luck: I almost never get anything from the
> fruit machine neither.
>
> Henny

This room is the treasure chamber you've been looking for but you
discover that someone has gotten to the treasure before you. You could
devote the rest of your life to finding this person and writing them a
stern letter, but you have to get out of here first.

LOL! At least someone at Neopets has a good sense of humour. :))

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Joseph William Dixon [aa343@chebucto.ns.ca] said
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, daramark wrote:
> > Finalhit and the Items sites don't have the items from the Tomb yet, but
> > people are selling them. How do they know how much to ask for?
>
> Same way as for any other new item: they pull a number out of their butt
> based on how many others of that same item they happen to notice around,
> with a small nod towards the rarity listed in the description if it's
> anything other than 101.

Yep that is about it. One the first day they were available (a week ago
today) I sold a world challenge piece for 99,999 for example and then
sold another two a couple of days later when I dropped the price to
75,000 and now no one will touch them at 50,000nps so, although I
haven't looked yet, I suspect they are now finding their 'correct'
level.

> Oh! the location! It's on Mystery Island and here's the url
>
> http://www.neopets.com/worlds/index_geraptiku.phtml
>
> sorry!
>
> "daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> It's open!
>>
>> The Deserted Tomb is probably another game, but one that doesn't show up
>> on the highscore board. Once a day, maybe.
>>
>> I got lost for two days, living off of fungus and rain water and then
>> came to a room I had not seen before; there was a monster and it chased
>> me, I finally remembered the way out (hit the button, of course).
>>
>> So now I get "Weren't you here earlier? Don't you think you've had
>> enough excitement for one day?
>> Try again tomorrow... if you really want to take the risk again."
>>
>> daramark

Sounds like a Snowager deal to me. Tho could be a Termey kind of deal too
and you can only get in at the right time.
Balyn

I got an Orn codestone, a Bone Sceptre and some 1300 NP. Not bad for a
couple of mouse clicks.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

"Christine K." <christal63@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I got an Orn codestone, a Bone Sceptre and some 1300 NP. Not bad for a couple
>of mouse clicks.
>
> --
> Christine in Vantaa, Finland
> christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Wow, that's fantastic. Do you remember the Neopian time that you were there? I
wonder if it's like Snowager and those type of events.

Mikki~ wrote:
> "Christine K." <christal63@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I got an Orn codestone, a Bone Sceptre and some 1300 NP. Not bad for a couple
>>of mouse clicks.
>>
>>--
>>Christine in Vantaa, Finland
>>christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
>

> Wow, that's fantastic. Do you remember the Neopian time that you were there? I
> wonder if it's like Snowager and those type of events.

I went about 10 hours ago and got a plushie.

Henny

Mikki~ wrote:
> "Christine K." <christal63@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I got an Orn codestone, a Bone Sceptre and some 1300 NP. Not bad for a couple
>>of mouse clicks.
>>

> Wow, that's fantastic. Do you remember the Neopian time that you were there? I
> wonder if it's like Snowager and those type of events.

I seem to remember it was between 10-12 at night NST, can't be more
specific, sorry.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Randomly enter it at the right time I guess...

"rosiesh" <confuzzled_cutie@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> thats excately what happend to me except for i didn't get the avatar !
>
> how strange

The avatar is "random" when you find the treasure. Kinda like Edna's avatar
you get when you complete one of her quests, but randomly so it could take
1000's of tries. Or the Lever of Doom.
I still don't have those either. Thrice damned 'random' avatars. And those
are only some of the 'random' avatars that I don't yet have.

daramark

> "rosiesh" <confuzzled_cutie@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>> thats excately what happend to me except for i didn't get the avatar !
>>
>> how strange
>

> The avatar is "random" when you find the treasure. Kinda like Edna's
> avatar you get when you complete one of her quests, but randomly so it
> could take 1000's of tries. Or the Lever of Doom.
> I still don't have those either. Thrice damned 'random' avatars. And
> those are only some of the 'random' avatars that I don't yet have.
>

> daramark
Except that this is worse than just random as you still have to get the
treasure first, so it is a random on a random.

Balyn