Search Companion Window Missing

In a Windows XP home system from which I have just removed viruses and
spy ware, the search window no longer shows the "Search by any or all
of the criteria below" dialog. It looks like that portion of the
window has been hidden or reduced to nothing. The little animated dog
does show at the bottom of the screen. I have searched the register
but was not successful in finding any parameters that might help me
fix the problem.

Lee Jefferies
leejefferies@yahoo.com

Hi Lee,

Give this a try and see if it restores the upper portion of that pane.......

Go to Start>Run and key in:

regsvr32 /s jscript.dll
<Click on OK or hit ENTER>

regsvr32 /s vbscript.dll
<Click on OK or hit ENTER>

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Lee Jefferies" <leejefferies@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In a Windows XP home system from which I have just removed viruses and
> spy ware, the search window no longer shows the "Search by any or all
> of the criteria below" dialog. It looks like that portion of the
> window has been hidden or reduced to nothing. The little animated dog
> does show at the bottom of the screen. I have searched the register
> but was not successful in finding any parameters that might help me
> fix the problem.
>

> Lee Jefferies
> leejefferies@yahoo.com

Thanks Patti, that worked.

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 10:59:21 -0500, "Patti MacLeod"
<pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote:

>Hi Lee,
>
>Give this a try and see if it restores the upper portion of that pane.......
>
>Go to Start>Run and key in:
>
>regsvr32 /s jscript.dll
><Click on OK or hit ENTER>
>
>regsvr32 /s vbscript.dll
><Click on OK or hit ENTER>
>

>Regards,

Lee Jefferies
leejefferies@yahoo.com

You're welcome :)

Regards,

--

> Thanks Patti, that worked.
>

> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 10:59:21 -0500, "Patti MacLeod"
> <pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote:
>
> >Hi Lee,
> >
> >Give this a try and see if it restores the upper portion of that
pane.......

> >Go to Start>Run and key in:
> >
> >regsvr32 /s jscript.dll
> ><Click on OK or hit ENTER>
> >
> >regsvr32 /s vbscript.dll
> ><Click on OK or hit ENTER>
> >

> >Regards,
>
> Lee Jefferies
> leejefferies@yahoo.com

sundhar23

Hi,

System Restore window was blank,Help and Support window don't open,animated dog in the Search window was missing.
I was solving one by one.And when I came to the last problem ,your suggestion solved it.
Thanks a lot.

Cordially Yours,
R Sundhar Raman
(India)