Sign in with
Your question

CRT vs LCD? LOL CRT uses glass=irritating reflections!!

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • LCD
  • CRT Monitors
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
December 9, 2006 11:22:19 PM

Somehow many people don't understand the big advantage LCD has over Plasma/TV's and old tech CRT screens. Dont you guys got irritated by the fact that CRT and Plasma screens in a light room give too much reflections with their screens made out of glass? Also the radiation that CRT delivers is also an option not to choose for CRT as many people get headaques from it. Also do you think it's worth to avoid those irritating reflections by sitting in a dark room staring at a CRT screen and ruin your eyes and get a pair of glasses yourself? Common...admit it.....LCD is just way ahead in time. If somebody does not agree I like to hear it.

More about : crt lcd lol crt glass irritating reflections

December 10, 2006 12:32:07 AM

There are trade-offs:

A CRT is not bound to a native resolution, it displays just about any resolution you throw at it just as well. CRTs also have excellent contrast ratios, response times, and color representation. My father's CRT was replaced by the IT department at his office with a big LCD, but he made them take it back, because he didn't want to sacrifice quality by displaying at a non-native resolution, but the native resolution made things uncomfortably small for his eyes.

However, LCDs also have their advantages. You've mentioned the lack of reflection, and of course they take up less desk space than a CRT. You won't get flicker on an LCD either, as it doesn't have to scan like a CRT.
December 10, 2006 12:59:55 AM

Quote:
You won't get flicker on an LCD either, as it doesn't have to scan like a CRT.

so an lcd has a response time, ok what say 8ms about the fastest is 3 or 4ms.
a crt has none its instant.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 10, 2006 1:04:38 AM

Everything has a response time, it's just way way smaller on a CRT than on any LCD.
December 10, 2006 1:06:34 AM

yes exactly what i said.
!