Zalman CNPS9500, 9700 & Scythe Ninja Questions

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Hi

Well I want to know the differences between the Zalman CNPS9500 LED and CNPS9500 AT... is it just the blue light?
Also, Is the CNPS9700 better than the 9500? or it does perform the same?

Also, Which one is better the Scythe INFINITY or the Scythe SCNJ-1100P Ninja PLUS Rev B.???

Finally which one of all those 4 models is the best cooler?

Thanks

Il_palazzo

Distinguished
May 26, 2006
These links show the differences between the different models of Zalman 9 series heat sinks.
9500 AT
9500LED
9700LED
And just for kicks 9500-AM2

On to the Scythe Heatsinks.
The not counting the amount of heatpipe's and there configuration, the most important difference between the Ninja and Infinity is the fin spacing. The Ninja's fins are spaced farther apart, and there is less of them. The Infinity on the other hand has more fins and they are spaced closer together. With the stock fan the Ninja is a better choice then the Infinity due to the lower weight, and the cooling differences are very minimal.
The Ninja is your best bet for a low noise cooler with great results, and the Infinity becomes a cooling monster when you pare it with high CFM fan.

Personally I would choose Scythe over the Zalman due to you can choose your own fan as to optimize the heatsink's performance vs noise. And frankly I have found the acoustics of the fans Zalman uses to be less then desirable, but I'm also using a very quite system so little details like that matter to me.

Yes, the difference is just the lights.

The 9700 has a larger heatsink, so it can disipate heat faster.

Have not used the scythe coolers, but the 9700 is working great in my box.

C2D 6600 @ 3300 under dual prime95 maxes out at 58c.

It does however support fanspeed optimization.
You can choose if you want to use it or run fan at 100% all the time.

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
No, the Scythe Inifity is the best one of the ones youve listed. On its own without much hassle itll outperform the 9700 but with the right optimizations it would probably even be better than the T-120.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
How can u prove it? I heard that most people bought the Scythe NINJA and it sold out in most stores when conroe was released.

And now Im hearing all these people getting the Zalman 9500... but never heard not a single word of people using the Infinity

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Hey just a question for the PROs and the ones who use this Heatsink/Fan (Zalman CNPS9700 LED)

Is it hard to install this heatsink/fan??? Because im planning to get one but I have never installed other heatsink/fan than the Stock Intel one so I want to know how hard is this one to install...

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Just One More question

What are the stock temperatures of a E6600 with the stock Intel fan in iddle and load?
and
What are the stock temperatures of a E6600 with the Zalman CNPS9700 LED fan in iddle and load?

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Hmmm

Why noobs? I kinda dont like the INFINITY because it looks like a piece of a gray thing in there. At least the zalman has a light and is more colorful :D

How can u prove it? I heard that most people bought the Scythe NINJA and it sold out in most stores when conroe was released.

And now Im hearing all these people getting the Zalman 9500... but never heard not a single word of people using the Infinity
Its a great heatsink, but volume sold does not make it the best performer. Just look at the 805D.

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Go get a Asus Knight er w/e its called, its even better looking than the zalman...

DISCLAIMER: That was not a real recommendation and I'm just being a sarcastic jerk.

Hey just a question for the PROs and the ones who use this Heatsink/Fan (Zalman CNPS9700 LED)

Is it hard to install this heatsink/fan??? Because im planning to get one but I have never installed other heatsink/fan than the Stock Intel one so I want to know how hard is this one to install...

Goes on easy.
4 bolts for the base, 2 for the retention clip.
Just make shure to start the fan side retention bolt first.
Kinda hard to start last with the fan blocking it.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I kinda dont like the INFINITY because it looks like a piece of a gray thing in there.

How can you say the zalman is a better cooler, when you clearly can't be objective?
Just because the porche 911 is ugly, it doesn't mean it won't drive fast or corner well ....
I've got a ninja rev. b and a 9700led sitting at home. Have yet to receive a processor to test them, but altho the zalman clearly wins the beauty contest, I'm fairly sure it'll get its ass kicked performance wise.

G

OMG did you just calla porsche ugly!
:twisted:

It's true not everybody likes fat 4ss but ugly! :evil: